Istanbul - Short Cinematic Movie

Muhlis Gürsoy

Hi guys,

Recently in September, I traveled to Istanbul with my Osmo Pocket. I recorded some beautiful footage, edited and color corrected in Davinci Resolve and here it is. My cinematic short movie, Istanbul.

Please leave your thoughts below, let's talk about what can be perfected in future projects.

I was on the fence with the Pocket but I think you've sold me on it.

It's clearly your eye and talent for framing a shot that makes the difference here though. The use of time-lapse, slow motion, and movement feels really natural and looks great. The editing is paced perfectly, I'm just really impressed with what you were able to accomplish with such a minimalist approach. The only critique I have, which is clearly a limitation of the Osmo, is the lack of dynamic range. That said, you diverted my attention away from that with what is otherwise excellent creativity and talent.

• Thanks 1

• 4 months later...
On 11/16/2021 at 2:51 AM, Christopher D. Arrington said:

I was on the fence with the Pocket but I think you've sold me on it.

It's clearly your eye and talent for framing a shot that makes the difference here though. The use of time-lapse, slow motion, and movement feels really natural and looks great. The editing is paced perfectly, I'm just really impressed with what you were able to accomplish with such a minimalist approach. The only critique I have, which is clearly a limitation of the Osmo, is the lack of dynamic range. That said, you diverted my attention away from that with what is otherwise excellent creativity and talent.

So sorry for the late response, thanks a lot for your kindful thoughts! Yeah, the only thing I regret is about Pocket's limitations. I tried to obey the 180-degree rule as much as possible. All footage were recorded on D-CLike color profile (like D-LOG but specifically for Pocket I think), then color graded it. 

Thanks again for your interest!