Cine' film editing table detail from Daniel D. Teoli Jr. Small Gauge Film Archive

Daniel D. Teoli Jr.

Cine'%20film%20editing%20table%20detail%

Cine' film editing table detail from Daniel D. Teoli Jr. Small Gauge Film Archive.

Details of photo are: press tape splice holder, old pens turned into splice burnishers, aluminum splicing block, marker, scrap paper, loupe, stamp to mark film labels as scanned and waste tray with trash composed of old artist's tape, masking, scotch tape, snips of film and press tape refuse.

I like those little colored plastic ashtrays. Walmart does not seem to sell them. Amazon does not have anything like that. Not the size and colors I'm looking for other than soft silicone. That one is an old one I found in the trash. I like them for organizing small things. I use the splicing block for pin registration only. I use an old Siemens glue splicer, one side of it that is, to make the cut. Does a great job in cutting between film frames. 

I guess I'm lucky to be an archivist. I get tons of practice making film splices with all sorts of film. I was trying to buy a guillotine tape film splicer, but the brand I was looking for is $$ and hard to find. I had one splice burnisher that came with my old Kodak splicer and was always worried about losing it. A film collector told me he used old ballpoint pens. Sure enuf...they work great. I can lose as many as I want! When I'm working hard, I have to empty the trash tray every few hours. Before I got it, trash was all over the place. If you had a high-class setup, you could have a waste hole cut into the table to sweep trash into.

Bear%20skin%20rug%20ad%201970%20D.D.Teol

Selection from D.D.T Jr. Advertising Archive 1970

Edited by Daniel D. Teoli Jr.