A bunch of pictures while I was tearing down a 16S

Duncan Brown

• Premium Member

I got a 16S as a parts camera - someone had tried to convert it to Super 16MM, which is not really possible, and I guess they figured that out after destroying a nice camera.  It looks like they undertook the surgery using a chainsaw.  Poor camera.  I took a bunch of forensic pictures as  I stripped it down, which I thought might be of historical interest.  They're not captioned or described and only vaguely in the teardown order.  This isn't a guide for tearing down your own 16S, which I heartily recommend you don't do, but I thought the detailed pictures of real world camera parts might be more informative than the greyscale pictures in the parts manuals, etc.

This was a pretty late-model camera, making it even more of a shame.  But I have another parts 16S husk that had already been massively stripped, and I might actually combine the two to make a functional camera.  Or maybe it won't be functional.  Nothing to lose by trying.  I'll keep adding pictures to this page as I do more stuff.  If nothing else, it'll just be a dumping ground for close-up pictures of 16S guts I guess.

Duncan

http://backglass.org/duncan/arri/16s_teardown/

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, Stephen Perera said:

pictures!!!

I can't tell if that's an exclamation of joy, or of anguish because the post contains no pictures.  If it's the latter, follow the link at the end of the post, for far higher res pictures than I could stuff in a post here.

Duncan