Please critique my Christmas Robot Film.

Asker Mammadov

I shot this film completely solo using only natural light(As I have no lights. Just someone who recently started doing filmmaking as a hobby) on a Lumix GH5 with a sigma 17-50 f2.8 lens. I'm looking more for a cinematography critique but even storytelling critiques are welcome. I'd also like to mention YouTube compression affects the luminance of some scenes (I'm generally decently-versed in understanding color spaces and I've reuploaded multiple times trying different versions(like changing data levels between video or full for an sRGB color space but unfortunately, nothing. The only thing that I couldn't do is upload in 4k as I have a dinky laptop and low storage space and slow internet speed). Looking forward to your opinions! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year

Edited by Asker Mammadov

• Asker Mammadov changed the title to Please critique my Christmas Robot Film.

The establishing shots around the city are really nice. I think the two biggest things to focus on are making sure that whatever your subject is for the shot is actually being lit by something other than room ambiance and trying to generally bring in more light to the room to try to balance the window level a bit more, but really fun overall.

38 minutes ago, Travis Shannon said:

The establishing shots around the city are really nice. I think the two biggest things to focus on are making sure that whatever your subject is for the shot is actually being lit by something other than room ambiance and trying to generally bring in more light to the room to try to balance the window level a bit more, but really fun overall.

This is exactly what I've been thinking. I really need to get a reflector at the very least (To bounce some ambient back on whatever the focus is. Especially when shooting the subject against such a bright background). Thanks for your advice. Enjoy your Christmas!

• Like 1