CP16R lenses and lens adaptations

I am just experimenting with adapting the Meteor 5-1 zoom to the CP16R mount because I figured out a way it should be possible (removing the Krasnogorsk mount and some other parts from the lens and superglueing the back element in place to make up for the removed locking ring of it)  .

The biggest issue with the Cinema Products cameras nowadays seems to be the lack of good lenses like pointed out in other threads.

I think this would be a good thread to collect the possible lens modification tips and mount adapting choices for the CP16R cameras.

I have heard that the camera is possible to modify to EF mount and the PL mount is offered at least by the Visual Products. I have made some tests and it is definitely possible to adapt the CP16R to the B4 mount to allow it to use very affordable ENG zoom lenses.

• Sustaining Member

I really hope something positive becomes of this thread. I am selling my CP16r, but if I end up stuck with it, I might as well be able to use it.

Having a better lens solution would make the value much greater. Good luck with this thread.

• Like 1

the Meteor zoom might become very useful as a low-budget filmmaking tool if I get it working correctly. It is a tight fit but it seems to focus to infinity and clear the shutter when superglue modified. It is a very affordable lens and it looks like the modification would be possible to do at home if having the new mount readily machined so that only the assembling needs to be done with home tools.

I have a lathe here so will make a test mount when having time and will publish the procedure and dimensions if I get it working correctly 🙂

• Upvote 1