Are the big boys (and girls) of Hollywood complying with BIPOC diversity standards for the Oscars?

Do they have a diversity auditor on payroll to make sure the movie mix is up to snuff?

ACADEMY ESTABLISHES REPRESENTATION AND INCLUSION STANDARDS FOR OSCARS® ELIGIBILITY | Oscars.org | Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences

I had heard on the radio that Asians don't count. (Or they count less?) I'm not sure as I only heard part of the story. They said Asians are considered 'White Adjacent' in the racial mix picture. So maybe 2 Asians = 1 Black with the BIPOC mix? (I'm speculating.)

Artists don't usually like to be told what to do. Are the big boys (and girls) of Hollywood complying with BIPOC diversity standards for the Oscars?

Will the Oscars also require women to be in the mix?

Women are like 51% of the country and Blacks are 13%. Seems like women were left out. (Although I believe CA now demands that a woman be on every large corporation's board of directors in their state.)

Edited by Daniel D. Teoli Jr.

9 hours ago, Daniel D. Teoli Jr. said:

(Although I believe CA now demands that a woman be on every large corporation's board of directors in their state.)

That's an easy one to get around: one of the guys just has to identify as a gender fluid female between the hours of 9am and 5pm. ?

• Premium Member

Are you click-baiting again Daniel?

There's nothing in there remotely like what you're suggesting, and these standards only relate to one Oscar category, the Best Picture. Nobody has to comply with any of this if they don't want to.

This is a press release from 2020 by the way.

I don't think that radio station sounds very reliable..

• Upvote 3