Info on Canon's 6.6-66mm Super 16 Zoom Lens?

I've been able to find a lot of technical specs and information regarding this lens across the internet, yet I'm unable to find any actual footage of this lens in action at all. I can look up it's filter thread diameter size, but not it's bokeh. I can find it's T stop, but not its contrast. I can search up the height and weight of this lens, but not the look it produces. If anyone has any video/additional info regarding this lens's look, I would be very appreciative. Thank you. 

A rare bird, indeed. In my lens quest over a couple of months or so, I could never find one or any details to get a sense of how much of an improvement it was over the 8-64.

This is the last one that I saw come up for sale....

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Canon-6-6mm-66mm-PL-Mount-Zoom-Lens-S16mm-Fantastic-Condition-/304236412230?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&_trksid=p2349624.m4689.

• Premium Member

Never seen one myself, but I imagine it's similar to an 8-64 or 7-63 only a bit better.. ?

I mean, do you want MTF specs, or how would you actually find out about the contrast or the bokeh? I find the endless "lens tests" you see on the net pretty uninformative mostly.

You could watch the S16 parts of "First Man" which were shot with this zoom. Or track down a Sundance entry from last year, "Superior", shot on this zoom plus Cooke S4s. Or google search more than I just did to find some more examples. Or rent one if you really want to know how it looks.

• Like 1