Canon Scoopic M16mm Camera FS/FT - great entry camera!

Joe Gill

This is a Canon Scoopic M 16mm camera, famous for being robust and easy to use.  The “M” in the name “Scoopic 16M” denoted “Macro”, making this camera the first 16 mm movie camera in the world with a macro lens capable of shooting at distances up to 80 mm from the front end of the lens. This new lens, equipped with the macro capability, is a 12.5 to 75 mm 6:1 lens with 16 elements in 12 groups (f/1.8). The complete matte surface of the brighter, improved viewfinder made focusing easier. The feed drive system also employed a new servomotor governor. The photographic range was also expanded 1 to 64 frames. The wider shutter open angle, expanded to 170 degrees, also improved the efficiency of the shutter.  It takes single or double perforation film on daylight rolls.  You can shoot at Single Frame, 16, 24, 36 and 48 frames per second, and it has auto or manual exposure control.  The camera can use film ISO 20 to 640 in 1/3-stop increments.

It has been film tested, cleaned, lubed and is in great shape for its age.  The batteries and charger are new and last 4x longer than the original batteries and won't fall apart on you like the ancient and brittle originals.  The lens hood is metal and comes with an easy on/off cover.  The eyecup is new and not stiff like the original ones, and is the same size as Arriflex so it can take regular Shammy Eyecup covers.  This is a ready to go package and is tested and working so you can be shooting ASAP!

If you have any questions, or already own one of these and need support, please let me know and I'll do my best to fix it. 

Thanks for looking and for shooting film on these great cameras!  I'm open to trades for other cameras or 35-3 Accessories.
  • Like 1