dupixent commercials

• Premium Member

https://www.ispot.tv/ad/O6SO/dupixent-asthma-better-breathing

the above link is the Dupixent commercial.  I have a lot of free time, being retired.  The commercial appears to be one continuous shot.  I may be imagining the following: At nine seconds, there is a lens flare, I think this is the first cut or splice (transition?), at 13 seconds a woman passes in front of the main character (second cut?).  At 19 seconds a tree seems to be a transition, at 23 seconds another tree (transition) and at 35 seconds a person passing in front of the main actor.  I am wondering if this Commercial is really one continuous scene, or for some reason, it is several transitions. 

Michael Leake

It looks like they are doing some composition and fx work to hide transitions where you noticed.

They did a good job though.

To get all of that done in one take with that the dynamic camera movements, blocked action, not to mention working out the lighting because its essentially a 360 shot would be tremendously difficult.

I worked on this one as a lamp op.

It was broken down into bite size pieces and shot over a couple days, if you look really closely you can notice the change of sun angles between the elements. They stitched it back together mainly using physical wipes in frame- extra crosses, lamp posts, trees etc as cutting points. 

Edited by Matthew Parnell
  • Upvote 1