For Sale Lasergraphics The Director with 3 Modules (2K, 4K and 16mm)

Monte Nesmejanow

Hello,

I am the president of an asset disposition company in Converse, Texas (San Antonio). We buy equipment (mostly medical) from the government and other entities. We just acquired a system that is a little out of our wheelhouse, so I have decided to mention it here. It is a Lasergraphices, The Director, film scanner with three modules (2K, 4K and 16mm). This system was purchased by the U.S. government (military) in 2010 for approximately $450,000. The system is in excellent cosmetic condition and appears to have little use. Because this was a government unit, the hard drive (software) was removed from the unit for security purposes. This particular system came out of warranty in 2014 and will need to be placed back under warranty by Lasergraphics for future service and software upgrades. We have spoken with Lasergraphics and reinstating the warranty will require a diagnostic fee of $11,500 and a warranty fee of $17,250. The warranty is good for 12 months and includes the latest upgrade in software. Additionally, the system includes a 30 day satisfaction guarantee from my company (Rhino Trade). We guarantee that once Lasergraphis performs a diagnostic inspection, the system will require no additional repair and will be in good working condition. If necessary, we are willing to assist with the above mentioned requirements. We are asking $145K as it is now. However, we can have the diagnostic done and warranty reinstated for the additional cost mentioned above.

The system includes: Lasergraphics, The Director, High Quality Film Scanner, Computer (without software), Film Scanner Computer Cabinet, 2K Module (Installed) - 35mm High Speed 2-Pin BH (Neg) Perfs, 4K Module - 35mm High Speed 2-Pin BH (Neg) Perfs, 16mm Module - High Speed 1-Pin 1R Perf and Necessary Power Cords/Cables.

Additional photos can be seen on Ebay and our website (rhinotradellc).

I am not an expert on this system so don't beat me up too bad. I believe this is a good price for this system. If it is not, please let me know why. If I can provide more information or photographs, please let me know.

Thank you,
Monte 

DSC_5797.jpg

LG2.jpg

Yes, we are the company that purchased the unit from the government. Again, not experts on this system. We did our best to research this unit before buying. We contacted Lasergraphics about previous history, as well as the necessary steps to diagnose the unit and reinstate the warranty. These are difficult units to price, so this was our starting point. We recognize the expertise and knowledge on this site and appreciate anyone willing to educate us on a fair asking price.  Thank you.

• Like 1