Movie Recommendations for Interior Night Lighting (natural)

Saikat Chattopadhyay

Hi everyone,

I am not sure if it is a right question to ask or has been asked before! Pardon me for that.

I am looking for movie recommendations (or it can be short film/tv series/tvcs) which has some good example of natural interior night time lighting and shows contemporary era (not period) to light my upcoming project. All the movies I usually watch have very high contrast night lighting generally. However I found the night interior scenes by Helene Louvart and Robbie Ryan are bit on the naturalistic side. It would be very helpful if you can recommend some more.

Thanks in Advance.

• Premium Member

You could watch two masterpieces in lighting (and directing) called "Leviathan" and "Loveless", both directed by Andrey Zvyagintsev and lit marvellously by Mikhail Krichman.

You might find interesting night scenes there.

Have a good day!

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Miguel Angel said:

You could watch two masterpieces in lighting (and directing) called "Leviathan" and "Loveless", both directed by Andrey Zvyagintsev and lit marvellously by Mikhail Krichman.

You might find interesting night scenes there.

Have a good day!

Thank you for the suggestions ,I watched the trailers of both films and they look astonishing and seem to be very interesting . Will definitely watch and study them !!

• Like 1