Short Film Showcase in Shanghai (looking for directors)

Hello, hope this finds you well.

My name is Nina, and I am looking for filmmakers who would like to submit their short films for a showcase we have later this month/beginning of April, depending on the pandemic situation in the city. It’s an offline event in Shanghai for 50-70 visitors, mostly from Shanghai international community, but some locals as well. We will share information about the films and directors on our social media accounts, but as it’s in China, social media scene is quite …different here, but people from other countries can still use it.

The idea behind this project is to create some space where independent filmmakers from outside of China as well as young local directors can show their works. Hope, we can make this event regular.

It’s on a very early stage, so please no over expectations:) Basically, this time we would like to select films from different countries on different topics and if it goes well, next time we’ll program according to a specific theme.

All the films should have English subtitles & we expect the directors of the selected films to shoot a 1 min introduction, we would like to play before their film. Max film length is 20 minutes. Deadline for submission is 3.23. All genres, except for animated films (only this time) are welcome.

If you have any questions, I’ll be happy to answer.

I would appreciate any advice.

Thank you.

P.S.: I am a full time event organizer, a film lover, with some experience in film making , but honestly, it was long ago.

• 2 months later...