Ercsam Camex Reflex 8 service manual ?

Sam Stinson

I have a Camex 8 Cellule Reflex with a nonfunctional lightmeter, after some probing around I determined it is drawing current but the galvanometer needle doesn’t move. So thinking maybe it’s stuck or something is come loose or otherwise not working. It may or may not be repairable but I’d at least like to dig in a little bit. It’s not immediately obvious how to open up the camera to get inside and I’d rather not start taking screws out randomly if there’s anything like a service manual (or someone with tips on how to disassemble it safely).

Also if someone knows the correct batteries for this camera, I’d be interested to know. The manual just shows 2 button cells with no indicator, and there’s no markings inside the camera or anywhere else. The battery compartment is 16mm in diameter and approx 12.5mm deep, I would assume mercury cells given the time period, this would accommodate 2x PX625 neatly which are 15.5mm x 6mm. I tested with 2x 675 zinc air batteries which also give very close to 1.35v of mercury cells (though with limited lifespan.

Thanks and happy shooting !