Can´t find 16mm Vision3 stock in Europe?

Hi Everybody!

Am I the only one who is desperately looking to buy 16mm Vision3 Film stock and can´t find it anywhere? (Mostly Europe based)

At first I couldn´t find any 500T rolls, now i can´t get ANY vision 3 stock. (50D, 250D, 200T, 500T).

I am looking into using my big bolex magazine and buy the bigger rolls - but, I would have to convert my magazine to SUPER 16 and it´s big & heavy. And even the big rolls are sold out by now.

Anybody got a clue what´s happening?

Or places where I can buy?

Thanks! Can´t wait to shoot again!

René

hey alexander!

thanks for your offer! i will write you if/as soon as I need stock. It´s not that I don´t have any left in the fridge - it´s just that I was wondering if I am the only one being anxious about Kodak not delivering new stock.

I am a hobby 16mm shooter - so i thought there must be many people out there who shoot professionally. And i wondered how they deal with the unavailibility of film.

Plus, I just bought many lenses and a second bolex EL. If there is no stock - my cameras are pretty much useless and prices will drop.

So, still happy to get more infos if anybody knows something.

René

Not that long ago Mutascan posted on social media a photo of a large quantity ("batch 1/5") of 16mm 500T being "ready to ship out". If Mutascan doesn't have any available in their online shop, then that all must be reserved for some big production. No need to wonder where it all has gone :)

https://www.instagram.com/p/CbxJxYqtXEj/

• Like 1

Mutascan's website shows 400ft loads of 200T 16mm in stock at least https://mutascan.film/en/tuote/16mm-kodak-vision3-200t-color-negative-7213/

I too am prone to preferring to order online via a traditional web shop (something I wish kodak still did), but have you reached out to kodak via email for your region? They should have contact emails on their Motion Picture website, and in theory this is the optimal way to order anyway.

• Like 1

Thanks guys! 

I´m gonna check out Topfoto in Switzerland. Mutascan doesn't really seem to have one right now. 

I will also try to talk to Kodak. Maybe that will help. 

Shish, spent thousands of euros on my Bolex SBM and EL and all Kern lenses plus super 16 conversions...and now I cannot film.

Hope it gets better from here! 

Thanks again! 

lets just hope its increased demand that Kodak is having a hard time keeping up with instead of production problems reducing output. I kinda figure if Arri 416s are now going for roughly 75k USD then its probably (hopefully) just too much demand to shoot 16