Eclair Flea Market

Eclair Flea Market

Concepts

Looking at the high volume of traffic on Cine Marketplace sub-forum, noticing how quickly items disappear downstream...

I thought we could have a single Flea Market thread on Eclair, where sellers make a post (reply) rather than a thread for each item. One could also advertise like normal on the Marketplace and have links connecting Flea Market and Marketplace, both ways. I don't think this qualifies as "double posting".

Google search engine yields links to the Marketplace, ranked at or near the top of the page, but not Flea Market, however the later can still be valuable. Having an Eclair Flea Market will give us a historical summary of Eclair stuff being sold, and help retain contacts.

Any thoughts? Let us know...Maybe I just give it a whirl... 

Edited by Gregg MacPherson
improve syntax
  • Like 2

Eclair ACL English 400'magazines 

USD300 each. Shipping one to US...USD75, to UK/Europe...USD67

Two English 400'magazines. Cosmetically a bit scruffy. Fully disassembled, cleaned and lubed except for feed and take up spindles. New drive sprocket bearings and rubber take up tyres. No plastic pressure plate covers. 

This is the mag that Eclair designed for the ACL I, which had the small Tomson motor. This camera/motor/mag combination is designed to not overload. I shot a lot of film this exact way in the 80s. The mag draws less amps than the french mag. I tested the current draw after the lube and it was on par with a 200' mag 

English 400' mags run fine on any ACL...(more info, and details on the overhaul in the listing on cinemarketplace)

https://cinematography.com/index.php?/forums/topic/91105-eclair-acl-english-400magazines-two/

Learn more about English 400' mags  here...   https://cinematography.com/index.php?/forums/topic/91664-english-acl-400-mags-facts-and-myths/

20220217_154110.jpg.e8bf66ee0f789ac4842c8613f4526445.jpg

SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD

These mags were bought on eBay by Chapin in Hawaii. Sounds like he has an ACL I that he loans out to students and new people, so they went to a good home. Hope he may join the forum. He also has an ACL II.

sold, and added info

A couple of useful items on eBay

Eclair ACL Magazine Throat Cover. ...USD50....made out of flexible polyurethane casting resin

Eclair ACL 1.5 & 2 camera aperture and gate protection plate. (3D printed)...USD25

Eclair ACL. Body and Angenieux viewfinder caps. (1 of each...USD40

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Gregg MacPherson said:

A couple of useful 3D printed items on eBay

Eclair ACL Magazine Throat Cover. ...USD50

Thanks for sharing my items Gregg! Just to clarify, the Throat Cover is made out of flexible polyurethane casting resin, not 3D printed. It' almost identical to the original one, including the imperfections that the original one I used as master have.

Thanks Ruben, I missed that.  I made a correction to my post. Figuring out some editing and formatting quirks. I'm quite interested in that casting process so I'll enquire about it.

The Flea Market seems a good place to notify about these items. Selling small runs to replace  very rare old parts, I don't know if Tim Tyler would consider you in the commercial category. You could ask him.

I would have added small pics of those items but ran out of time. 

Gregg.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Ruben Arce said:

Thanks for sharing my items Gregg! Just to clarify, the Throat Cover is made out of flexible polyurethane casting resin, not 3D printed. It' almost identical to the original one, including the imperfections that the original one I used as master have.

I'd actually be more likely to buy one if it didn't have the new logo on it.  Surely there's no IP rights holder still enforcing their rights on the Eclair logo?

Duncan

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Duncan Brown said:

... Surely there's no IP rights holder still enforcing their rights on the Eclair logo?

Hopefully, if someone is hoarding the Arts Media parts, they did not also get the IP, copyrights. Even if they did, there are probably more willing lawyers in Paris, Texas than Paris, France (hyperbole..).

Speaking of copyright, I panicked when I realized I had just pasted a bunch of links with formatting from Cameras Eclair, so wrote a nice email to Erkan Umut, asking about it. Got an even nicer email back..."..No worries, all copyleft..."  Laughter.

FS: Eclair NPR Super 16mm Camera Package.

See Samuel Adeiza's post May 16, 2020 in Cine Marketplace

https://cinematography.com/index.php?/forums/topic/83794-fs-eclair-npr-super-16mm-camera-package/

Still for sale

sold
  • Thanks 1

Up for sale is the Eclair NPR Super 16mm camera package in great condition.

Package comes with these:

- Camera converted to Super 16, with a PL Mount & "C" Mount; ground glass re-centered for S16.

- Lens converted from its "CA" Mount to PL Mount.

- New battery, cable and charger, tested to be fully functional.

Items also included:

- Angenieux 9.5 / 95mm... 1:2.2 lens PL Mount + sun visor and directional rod.

- Protective cover and soundproofing / blimp... for camera.

- 2 120meters magazines.

- Perfectone motor.

- 1 Flight case.

- Facsimile of the original instructions for use.

The Price is 2060 GBP (the cost of shipping not included)

Items location is Wales.

Camera and lens conversion fully done by Les Bosher; battery, cable and charger with modern components also replaced and tested by him. Communication with him about any concern is encouraged.

Camera recently serviced, and operation checked by the same camera engineer, it's all ready to shoot. No issues.

Images below shows the items that come with the package.

Attached Images: (Photos are of camera before upgrading)

post-74321-0-27770000-1550709004_thumb.jpgpost-74321-0-96935800-1550709022_thumb.jpgpost-74321-0-67652100-1550709036_thumb.jpgpost-74321-0-15726100-1550709052_thumb.jpg06.thumb.JPG.6b467c8059c386da6ab46a9733db3cf8.JPG

sold

Swiss-made Perfectone 24fps 50hz governor controlled motor for Eclair NPR 16mm movie camera.

Has a 4-pin XLR female socket (industry standard). A flat-base NPR motor cradle is included with the motor. In quite used, but good working condition.

150gbp + postage

Contact Ian Samels

iansamels(at)hotmail.com

I found Ian, a photographer in London, when chasing a very old lead on some Eclair parts. He mentioned this motor for sale.

Gregg. 

sold

Oh yes, the whole shooting was to be done in Nigeria. Shooting on film is almost non-existent in Nigeria (I shoot all my stills on Nikon F and short projects/music videos on my adorable but noisy R16 Krasnogorsk-3; I’ve only met a handful of people that work with film). So I basically import film stocks from the U.S then ship out film stocks to be processed also in the U.S.

It’s great fun. The experience is highly educational, and the outcome is superb. So I always try to work with this medium as much as I can.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
On 4/25/2022 at 3:33 PM, Gregg MacPherson said:

Swiss-made Perfectone 24fps 50hz governor controlled motor for Eclair NPR 16mm movie camera.

Has a 4-pin XLR female socket (industry standard). A flat-base NPR motor cradle is included with the motor. In quite used, but good working condition.

150gbp + postage

Contact Ian Samels

iansamels(at)hotmail.com

I found Ian, a photographer in London, when chasing a very old lead on some Eclair parts. He mentioned this motor for sale.

Gregg. 

Bought it.

Duncan

On 4/15/2022 at 9:25 PM, Gregg MacPherson said:

Eclair ACL English 400'magazines 

The mags listed above at USD300 each. Shipping one to US...USD75, to UK/Europe...USD67..Just listed on eBay for USD350, but may walk it back.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/154981801819

https://www.ebay.com/itm/154981787645

I finally had some contact with eBay, gave my sob story about my seller limits (3 items and $200 total per month), and they fixed it (now 100 items and $5000 per month).

Yippiekaiyay etc...

• Premium Member

Visual Products has an interesting "left eye extension" viewfinder for the ACL by Angenieux on ebay.  I won't put a link because two months from now when it stops working everyone who reads this thread afterwards will be frustrated by that fact.  I'll post a couple of their pictures here - go search for it if you're interested in buying it ($535 USD buy it now).  I'd also be interested in any comments on this item, since I'd never heard of such a thing before.  Was it designed for a different camera?  A one-off for a left-eyed DOP?

Duncan

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600 (1).jpg

Edited by Duncan Brown

The vertical part looks like the "non orientable" Angenieux, or am I wrong. The swivel/diopter thumb screws and camera mount are recognisable. There must be added or modified optical elements, probably in the extended tube. My vote is that this was for ACL. For left eye operators. There must have been enough demand.

The big Kinoptik finder can reach the left eye. I thought the "fully orientable" Ang could too. You would know Duncan. 

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Gregg MacPherson said:

The big Kinoptik finder can reach the left eye. I thought the "fully orientable" Ang could too. You would know Duncan. 

It doesn't swing completely straight out to the side, so it's a little tighter and clumsier for left eye viewing than that special purpose extended one.

Duncan

I also just saw the left eye vf extension on ebay and it totally looks like the original non erect Angie vf inside of an extended housing- I wonder if there’s a light loss to account for? Also I know the kinoptik is very popular for more orientable angles but has anyone tried the cinema products orientable finder? I have one in basically mint condition but as I have the original Angie finder on my body I can’t use it as it utilizes a different mount, if anyone has that mount I’d be happy to purchase it.