Eclair Flea Market

• 2 weeks later...

For sale on ebay Germany I have a nice ACL film mag 60m / 200ft. eBay-Artikelnummer:  314008244875.

I've used it with my ACLII S-16 with no issues like scratches ...

More parts like viewfinder, lens adapter ACL-Nikon will come soon.

Please have a look,

Volker

2 hours ago, Volker Bendt said:

For sale on ebay Germany I have a nice ACL film mag 60m / 200ft. eBay-Artikelnummer:  314008244875.

Volker, if that mag is good to go its a great price. May be worth putting something on the Marketplace subforum also. I had a quick look at how Google search responds to "eclair acl 400' mags for sale" and Cine Marketplace on this forum was at the top. Hopefully that is not a result peculiar to just me....

Google may be responding to traffic volume, behaviour, or it may be language: marketplace vs flea market.

Can we circle back later to the issue of using unmodified mags for S16. You're not the first to succeed with that.  Lets do it then, in a dedicated thread...

Gregg

Edited by Gregg MacPherson
added info

• 2 weeks later...
  • Premium Member

Hey look there's a nice NPR on ebay!  Oh right, it's mine.  I've been buying too many of them, time to de-hoard a bit.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/255562503204

As always, use the "Make offer" option and include a comment that you are on these forums and I'll be more willing to accept your lowball offer ?

Duncan

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...
  • Premium Member

Interesting NPR on ebay (not my listing!)

https://www.ebay.com/itm/175344622428

The fact that it ran once after a total rebuild, then has been on a shelf for over a decade, means it's a bit of a risk, but at least it shouldn't be all worn, even if it might require some work to wake it up properly.  Certainly seems well-equipped.

That's a very interesting motor - it would appear to be a slightly modernized Perfectone motor (two crystal speeds, not all the other bells and whistles of some of the more well-known updates to that motor) but a VERY interesting cradle replacement - with a more stable foot/handle arrangement, and a provision for standard rods, including a clever set of cleats on the motor to hold them better than just the clamp holes alone.

Duncan

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Premium Member

Spotted on ebay (not mine): 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/284927608745

That's an NPR that continued to be given modern updates long after I would have assumed that was sane.  Anyone know anything about that motor?  The picture isn't quite square on enough to tell for sure but it sure looks like an S16 gate.  Wonder if the obviously non-factory lens mount is centered properly for that?  Wonder if the factory Cameflex mount is?  Is that new mount Arri-B?  Why go to all that trouble for S16 conversion and add a B-mount not a PL-mount?  (It might speak to when the conversion was done.)

That's a crazy amount of money for an NPR but it also is far and away the most modern well-equipped NPR I've seen.  Hope someone here buys it and tells us more about it ?

Duncan

• 4 weeks later...

I still have an NPR Eclair Super 16, with an Angenieux 15 to 150 mm zoom lens ,an Angenieux non inverting eye piece

a Perfectone Crystal Sync motor,4 Mags, C mount to Nikon Adapt. all nestled in 2 Anvil cases.

FOR SALE   $6,900.00

E-mail me at r10ltd@yahoo.com  For Photos

• Premium Member
15 hours ago, Gregg MacPherson said:

That Super 16 modification looks well-intentioned but suspicious, but other than that it looks like one heck of a collection of gear!

Duncan

5 hours ago, Duncan Brown said:

That Super 16 modification looks well-intentioned but suspicious, but other than that it looks like one heck of a collection of gear!

Duncan

That aperture plate doesn't resemble the one from Les, but apparently the ground glass is as, ahem, sophisticated (I asked the seller about it).

• Premium Member
20 minutes ago, Heikki Repo said:

That aperture plate doesn't resemble the one from Les, but apparently the ground glass is as, ahem, sophisticated (I asked the seller about it).

Tell us more!  (Pictures?)  Lens recentered?  Mirror bigger?

Duncan

6 hours ago, Heikki Repo said:

Well spotted! I hadn't noticed that. I made a thread on this in the Eclair forum with a pic.

https://cinematography.com/index.php?/forums/topic/95225-unusual-acl-s16-gate/

Heikki, what facts did you get from the seller. I will send some questions to him, but maybe you have already.

Edit: Just read on the eBay listing.."Sorry, I've got no information on the super 16mm conversion from when I purchased this 20 years ago or so..." So I won't pester him.

Gregg.

• 4 months later...
  • Premium Member

Someone somewhere was asking me about NPR matte box brackets.  I think it was someone that bought one of my NPRs on ebay that was missing that bracket, as so many of them are for some reason.  I can't figure out who it was or on what platform we had that discussion.  So in case it was here, or they end up here, there is actually someone selling one of them on ebay right now!  Don't see that every day.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/125727570517

(Once it sells or if the seller gives up trying, that link will die, which will suck when someone runs across this thread years from now, but whatchagonnado?)

Duncan

1 hour ago, Duncan Brown said:

Someone somewhere was asking me about NPR matte box brackets..... someone selling one of them on ebay right now! ......

https://www.ebay.com/itm/125727570517

(Once it sells or if the seller gives up trying, that link will die, ....whatchagonnado?)

You could send him a message on eBay and suggest that he notify us of his Eclair items on the Fleamarket/Cinemarketplace. Then we have a link to him and the pics are retained.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I would like to sell this 12-240 Angenieux zoom in Cameflex/Eclair mount. Massive zoom range! Glass exceptionally clean. Some light internal dust but nothing weird growing in there. Shipping from Belgium. I'm open to a reasonable offer if you have use for this beautiful lens. Comes with the factory front lens cap.

16 - 1 (1).jpeg

16 - 1 (2).jpeg

16 - 1 (3).jpeg

16 - 1 (4).jpeg

16 - 1.jpeg

• 3 weeks later...
  • Premium Member
On 2/9/2023 at 2:51 AM, aapo lettinen said:

I have one of my 16-speed ACL crystal motors for sale. see the thread for details and more photos https://cinematography.com/index.php?/forums/topic/93357-new-alcs-crystal-sync-motor-for-eclair-acl/page/2/#comments

52678071778_0dfa2d2f7d_h.jpg

MOTOR SOLD. 

It is still possible to make one or two of them in July2023 which can be delivered in August2023. Need to be fully paid for in May/June23 so that I can reserve one for you and start assembling it. DM me if interested

• 2 weeks later...

Eclair ACL II kit and 3x400' mags for sale

I'm selling most of, possibly all of, my Eclair ACL gear....An almost new ACL II kit, and separately, 3x400' French mags.

I just have too many, especially unfinished, projects (sailplane development, velomobile design... house falling apart). So I have to let some things go. I may keep my spare ACLII body and motor to build another kit. I am keeping my Bolexs and an old 35mm Cineflex. Moving pictures, akin to graphic art, painting, conceptual sculpture are the real kernel that may remain.

It's difficult to set a price, so for now I'm seeking offers. The only useful reference I can find on price is a recent eBay sale for USD5K, eBay item number:266036424167 (I'll paste a link down below). But that kit was more used and less well optioned. Meanwhile people on the forum have advertised their XTRs at north of 20K and 27K. We can start a sidebar somewhere on the relative value or usefulness of these cameras.

All the interesting questions and any sidebars into Eclair esoterica belong on this thread, but I will advertise on the Cinemarketplace thread.....
https://cinematography.com/index.php?/forums/topic/98122-eclair-acl-ii-kit-and-3x400-mags-for-sale/

Direct message me with any offers or serious enquiries.

3) S16 ACL II kit, (seeking offers).  Sold, pending payment, $8000 (with 1x400', 2x200' S16 mags)
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/iv95oerahx3929f/AADPd-7BkrctDPv78WjwtDlDa?dl=0

1262800645_20230214_1643091.thumb.jpg.3edce96ca8cd77cdba4e1b267d4770e1.jpg

S16 ACL II kit in almost new condition. I didn't get to use it. The guy I got it from (Chris Squires), when he got it I don't know if it had ever been used, it still had the Eclair factory test film with it. He shot a couple of short films with it. Anyway, looks brand new. Conversion was started by Les Bosher then done over and finished by Paul at Visual Products. Good mounts and accessories. It's been a few years since its last lubrication so I think that should be refreshed. 

S16 ACL II kit package includes...

- ACL II camera body, #2730 (Visual Products full S16 conversion),
- Heavy duty 75fps motor, all crystal speeds, mirror parking, #2954,
- Replacement electronic mother board for motor, 
- 3x200' magazines (2 are S16), with caps, late model with small insert pressure plate over gate, #s D128,    D249, and D98,
- Kinoptik viewfinder, #95675
- ACL/PL adaptor
- ACL/Arri SB adaptor
- AZ Spectrum video assist, B&W, SN417, with power cable,
- PL front cap, C mount front cap, DIY Arri-B front cap, 2x gate protectors, 
- 15mm rod base (with cutouts for switch access), rods with extensions (Les B.)
- Factory top handle,  
- Anatomical hand grip with on-off, 
- Barney, a little tight with a 400' mag,
- Battery power cables..Jaeger/Canon XLR4, 2x short ones for on-board, 2x long spiral,
- 4 on-board battery packs, NiCad cells. One pack may be OK. I'm assuming the buyer will want  to recell      with NiMhi. 
- Eclair quick charger (NiCad), 

4) 3x400' French ACL mags, (seeking offers).  One 400' S16 mag sold, pending payment, still undecided if I will sell the rest.
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ycbv8azk5q3xih4/AABZgXIWIb7vXemO_QQtr8sOa?dl=0

3x 400' French mags, late model with small insert pressure plate over the gate. Quite tidy looking. Two are S16, machining looks really nice. My guess is that they will all need fresh lubrication, but that is all they should need if given CLA. These mags didn't come with the kit above, so probably selling them separately.
Label and serial numbers are...
- Pat 1 #SD-503, with cap, S16,
- Pat 2 #SD-296, with cap, S16,
- FR3   #SC-797, no cap,

This is the link to the ACL 1.5 sold on eBay, item number:266036424167,
(I messaged the seller to get the sale price)
https://www.ebay.com/itm/266036424167?hash=item3df101ade7:g:P5IAAOSwDT5jlfta&amdata=enc%3AAQAHAAAAoGHF1cBoZJdD%2BiRbyHvpUojfoH%2BEOYnfEQVYU7aAoV%2FeovlFRCfnMKGQmDAwxV10vlA1n4MyvlmQ8aBmBs3GgDyxQjRD8Qpbfq3g1mcw1iW1z2wD7kGt01VF5gXmJyxHbWDsUxjJB%2BfAiNyyZC3gmn7Qk%2BqAiPiqKzmqGBRbtkyfDz5M5ljLRekC6UKAtWoDJ%2ByV%2BogtXQc4Z2UVmNmbUqs%3D|tkp%3ABk9SR9SlrtSnYQ&autorefresh=true

more info.

• 1 month later...
On 4/2/2023 at 11:00 AM, Gregg MacPherson said:

Eclair ACL II kit and 3x400' mags for sale

Two successive deals for the ACL II have lapsed... $7.4K and $7K, with different mags chosen. The kit is still available.

Meanwhile I found a fault in the mirror parking, in the motor. Motor was sent to AZ Spectrum and will be repaired in June. I can entertain offers before then, but I prefer that the camera ships after the motor returns.

more words

• 1 month later...
  • Premium Member

And this just showed up too!  If someone buys it, can you sell me the combo Arri-S/B to TS adapter?  I really need one of those.

2x200' mags (plus 1 400'), ACL 1.5, self-parking motor, etc.  Camera, and especially the lenses, look a little beat... but he does have a "Make Offer" feature so who knows what kind of deal you could strike.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/185946648795

Duncan

• 3 weeks later...