Canon auto zoom 1014

Hello everybody, I am new to this forum and I hope I am doing the right thing writing in the general discussion, if not, I make my excuses in advance. So, the story I am about to tell you is very common, I have inherited from my aunt a Canon auto zoom 1014, which is a really cool camera and I would like to use it to shoot some b-roll/portrait for a big project. I have downloaded the manual (the original was lost) and I've checked if everything was ok. The auto zoom system is working properly, the exposure meter needle seems to work fine. I have put 6 brand new 1.5 V AA batteries, 4 in the handgrip and 2 in a battery chamber on the right side, just below the zoom levers. But, when I pull the trigger the motor of the camera doesn't work, I am really sad about this, because the camera looks aesthetically perfect and my aunt assured me it was almost unused. Is there anybody that can help me to solve this problem? I've seen how to disassemble the camera and it looks very complicated and I don't even know where the problem is located! Moreover I've uploaded a short video on youtube, just what the actual camera condition is...