Cameflex Synch Motors

Marek Budzynski

Thought I'd start up a thread for my Cameflex synch motor experiments. Here are the latest photos of the new design for anyone that is interested:

DSC_1048.JPG

The new one is next to a Type 24 to show actual size comparison. Need to tweak it a bit as I'd like to use a push button instead of of a flip switch. The worm gear is a test print for the moment. Will be sorting out the gearing at the precision engineers next week and getting the new motors for the precision speed tests.

Cheers

Marek

Edited by Marek Budzynski
More inför added
  • Like 5

• 3 months later...

Almost done. Have cracked the speed control and am working with a precision engineer to make up the motor drive connector.

This is the latest size and design for you to have a look at. I'll be getting a few non-synch (as close to synch as possible) 24fps and 25fps motors out soon for anyone that is interested.

Cheers

Marek

521630743_Almostdone.thumb.jpg.6900a2e1b44e87b895c6be7ae744a165.jpg

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

I was thinking about giving out a couple for testing. One is definitely going to you. I think I'll give one to Larry in New York as well.

I'll be in touch once I've reconfigure the case  and done the engineering. I spent months waiting for a precision engineer to get back to me. I've found someone new who is interested in the project.

Price wise, they be going out for about £500 plus shipping.

I'm working with an engineer in Turkey to make a crystal synch version. He's already worked out stable PID using a TI Tiva board. I'll ask him to design a stand alone solution using the latest technology available as all the solutions currently available use chips that aren't made any more.

However, we might not need to do that if the testing goes well tomorrow.  

I'll keep you posted.

Cheers

Marek

That is most excellent!

Thank you Marek, for all your hard work, and you finally did it !

I would love to test out the new motor. Just received my newly coated mirror and prisms, installed the shutter and looks much brighter already. Very excited to run some film through it. 

Can’t wait to see your results as well. 

Cheers! 

• 4 months later...

So, for those of you who are interested I have some news. I've just had some worm gear parts back from the precision engineers. I'm in the process of remanufacturing all the drive parts and this is the first step.

Have a look at this. It's the camera running at 25fps with a full 400' load of 35mm with the brand new gears I got this afternoon:

Will be getting the new motor case prints in a few weeks and ready to sell some 24fps non-synch motors which have been completely built from scratch if anyone is interested in buying one.

The price for the first batch will be £500 each plus shipping. 

Cheers

Marek

• Like 4

• 1 month later...