filming 23.98 or 24fps to avoid flicker in 50hz countries?

Austin

For those of you who have shot a movie for North American distribution (typically 23.98) while in a 50hz country, what frame rate and shutter angle did you use to avoid in-camera light flicker?

Shooting at 23.98fps means mathematically the shutter could be at 172.656 (frame rate ÷ hz × 360) to mitigate flicker issues and synch best with audio. However, I'm not sure that shutter angle is possible with the Arri Alexa so this frame rate may not even be an option when avoiding flicker.

Whereas filming at 24fps, the shutter mathematically could be set to 178.2 to mitigate flicker (which the Alexa does allow for). However, filming at 24fps creates a headaches for audio in post so I'm told. 

Is there another alternative I'm not thinking of?
How did any of you successfully approach this situation with fps/audio/flicker in mind?

Edited by Austin
wasn't finished

Thank you David. That's good to hear that both options are viable for camera flicker in case audio requests a certain frame rate for synch.

Im shooting 23.98 almost always in a 50Hz location ,  172.8 / 1/50th .. and not had any problems .. but watch out for LED / Neon  / Sodium  lights , they don't always play to the Hz / shutter rules  . and any slo mo, bang off a quick test and play back for sure .. some light in the back of the shot can flicker and ruin everything ..