Arri 16S for parts or repair - $400

Duncan Brown

• Premium Member

I've got too many projects, too many cameras, time to unload some stuff.  This is a 16S that I bought as a parts camera but it's right on that line where it's probably worth putting back in service rather than parting out, and I picked up a couple of significantly worse cameras that I'm frankensteining into one so this one is just excess to my needs.  The good: Everything is basically there, in pretty good shape and functional.  It's got the magazine port cover, the cord latch that is sometimes broken off, a pretty good motor rubber coupling, pretty clean optics and mirror, etc.  The bad: it's noisy when running, so definitely in need of a CLA.  It was obviously just sitting on a shelf for too many decades.  The turret spins and stops at the detents but is stiff.  The tachometer doesn't move but that may also just be stuck from sitting too long.  There's a little chunk missing on the outer rim of the door, which has been repaired with duct tape.  The rubber eyecup is hilariously petrified.  It looks like it's been repainted at some point.  The missing: the dome and (is it a lamp?) from the Pilotone unit on the side.  The dome from the bloop lamp thingy on the front top.  The viewfinder cover flap (those are always gone, argh)

Looking to get $400 but will consider offers the longer it goes unsold.  Located near Chicago, but will ship anywhere that you'll pay for.  Let's call it $15 Priority Mail in the US, actual costs elsewhere in the world.

Duncan

arri16s_12991_01.jpg

arri16s_12991_02.jpg

arri16s_12991_03.jpg

arri16s_12991_04.jpg

arri16s_12991_05.jpg

arri16s_12991_06.jpg

arri16s_12991_07.jpg

arri16s_12991_08.jpg

arri16s_12991_09.jpg

arri16s_12991_10.jpg

arri16s_12991_11.jpg

arri16s_12991_12.jpg

arri16s_12991_13.jpg

arri16s_12991_14.jpg

arri16s_12991_15.jpg

Edited by Duncan Brown
Mistake in description

• 1 month later...
  • Premium Member

Haha I'm a moron.  I just used this body to test a magazine with motor I'm selling... and the tach works just fine.  I bet I had the motor in reverse when I tested it before.  DUH.  (In case that was what was keeping you from buying it!)

Duncan