In need of Film camera Rental

Boris bruno

Hi my name is Boris and I’m a director in Rhode Island. I’m new to the area and unfamiliar with camera rental houses in area. I’m in dire need of Arri Sr3 or Arri416 for short film.  I’m looking to rent for 2 days. Please let me know if anyone or any place has it available near my area 

Rule has a 416 kit I think but it's not cheap. Du-All probably has some cameras for rental in NYC.

Some local film schools might have Aaton or SR2s. I have an Aaton outside Boston but it lacks a video tap and needs a CLA.

• Premium Member
On 5/14/2022 at 1:56 PM, Jake Scumaci said:

I was just at Rule on monday and unfortunately they sold off all their film cameras except a 3 perf ST.

Came here to say this - I got a call when they were shopping the 416 around.  Bought their Moviecam Compact 10 years ago.  Cool that they still have a ST though, never knew they owned one!

8 hours ago, Dan Finlayson said:

Came here to say this - I got a call when they were shopping the 416 around.  Bought their Moviecam Compact 10 years ago.  Cool that they still have a ST though, never knew they owned one!

How much did it go for? I was in the market for a 416 for a while and almost bought one.

My gear isn't insured for rental. If you want to pay me to show up with 416 kit, including 5 mags and Arri Ultra 16 lenses (9.5, 14, 18, 25, 35, 50), I might be interested. I see that rental rates are around $1k/day for the 416. Depending on dates/location, I imagine we could work something out.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
On 5/19/2022 at 8:04 AM, M Joel W said:

How much did it go for? I was in the market for a 416 for a while and almost bought one.

Not sure, I wasn't in a place to spend any money on cameras at all at that moment haha