Has anyone tried the either the ultrascope front anamorphic lenses on an Alexa LF or mini lf or just any full frame camera?

Hi, so I found a set of ultrascope anamorphic lenses going for a really good price and despite the lenses being advertised for super 35, the spherical blocks of the 40, 50, and 85mm in the set cover full frame, but the thing I don't know is whether the anamorphic blocks with the spherical blocks also cover full frame in those focal lengths. So that's why I wanted to ask, has anyone tried either and or the 40mm, 50mm, and 85mm ultrascope anamorphics on a full frame camera like the Alexa LF or mini LF or just any full frame camera and if you did, does it cover full frame?

• Premium Member

Expect conventional S35mm 4-perf coverage, but nothing more. I used them with the Alexa Studio (which has a healthy amount of look-around in the optical viewfinder) and I'm pretty sure I remember seeing some hard vignetting in the look-around space (though I can't remember on which lens/lenses specifically).

You'd need an optical expander to use them on full-frame (and even that might not be possible, depending on the optics of the expander, and how far out the rear of the Ultrascopes project).