WTB: Blackmagic Micro Cinema Camera

Hi,

For personal no-budget projects where I'm sadly not always able to use the ol' Aaton I'm looking for an affordable solution to shoot a digital S16 look and I've come to the conclusion that the BMMCC would be a good choice. 

Anyone selling? Preferably a package, preferably in Europe.
This would be an ideal package, though I could source some things elsewhere of course. 

- Camera
- Cage
- A baseplate (doesn't need to be pro like Arri dovetail or VCT but should allow 15mm rods at the correct height)
- A few batteries
- A battery to d-tap solution
- Something to make controls a bit more user friendly like the One Little Remote or a different remote solution
- An OLPF like Rawlite
- MFT to PL mount adapter

Hit me up if you've got something :).

Baltasar

Edited by Baltasar Thomas

• Premium Member

I do the same - i added a wooden camera PL mount to mine so I can use my 16mm lenses.

Just as a heads up, most newer SD cards don't work with that camera anymore at all speeds (there's a whole thread on BMC forum). I bought ones from Angelbird that work flawlessly.

5 minutes ago, David Sekanina said:

I do the same - i added a wooden camera PL mount to mine so I can use my 16mm lenses.

Just as a heads up, most newer SD cards don't work with that camera anymore at all speeds (there's a whole thread on BMC forum). I bought ones from Angelbird that work flawlessly.

Thanks for the tip David, I'm actually planning to use PL glass as well so I've added the adapter to the list :). 

Cinegearpro in the UK makes a pretty good remote, I recently got one for mine. You could also look at the pocket 4K in S16 crop. Used prices for both are getting similar and better features on the 4K. I recently got my used BMMCC with a cage and Wooden Camera PL adapter for $400 Canadian, but I feel like I just lucked out. 

1 hour ago, Eric Arnold said:

Cinegearpro in the UK makes a pretty good remote, I recently got one for mine. You could also look at the pocket 4K in S16 crop. Used prices for both are getting similar and better features on the 4K. I recently got my used BMMCC with a cage and Wooden Camera PL adapter for $400 Canadian, but I feel like I just lucked out. 

Thanks for the tip Eric. And that sounds like a steal you got there!
Pocket 4K could do the trick as well, but I'd prefer shooting CDNG over braw. 
Have you compared the two? P4K crop mode vs BMMCC?

On 5/20/2022 at 1:51 AM, David Sekanina said:

Just as a heads up, most newer SD cards don't work with that camera anymore at all speeds (

Does ProResHQ 1080 30p still work? I don't mind if raw is a deal breaker, as it seems that in the past was the biggest issue with SD cards, getting raw to work

On 5/21/2022 at 2:48 AM, Eric Arnold said:

Used prices for both are getting similar and better features on the 4K.

I do agree the interface and everything is better on the newer Pocket 4K than on the OG Pocket  

Edited by David Peterson

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, David Peterson said:

Does ProResHQ 1080 30p still work? I don't mind if raw is a deal breaker, as it seems that in the past was the biggest issue with SD cards, getting raw to work

here is the thread: https://forum.blackmagicdesign.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=83050

many of the new cards are not recognized and can't be formatted by the camera. Some found cards that work at certain speeds. This was not worth the hassle for me, so I went with Angelbird, where when you tell them you want cards for this camera, they send you ones that work at all speeds, raw and Prores.

• Thanks 1

Hello Baltasar 

I'm currently selling my Zcam E2-F6 package, which is definitely worth you considering. 

PL mounted with a range of recording options including, Prores 422HQ & ProRes Raw via the Atomos Ninja V. 

email me at - alexbenderdop@gmail.com and I can send you photos and further info. 

Best wishes 

Alex