New Super8 camera launched

Tommy Lau Madsen

Dear Cinematography community.

Today I have the pleasure of announcing that we are doing a return to our roots and launching a brand new Super8 camera dubbed the Gentoo (GS8)

Check out more details at www.logmar.dk 

We would love to hear your feedback.

Yours truly

Tommy L. Madsen

Logmar Camera Solutions

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/22/2022 at 2:42 PM, Tommy Lau Madsen said:

Dear Cinematography community.

Today I have the pleasure of announcing that we are doing a return to our roots and launching a brand new Super8 camera dubbed the Gentoo (GS8)

Check out more details at www.logmar.dk 

We would love to hear your feedback.

Yours truly

Tommy L. Madsen

Logmar Camera Solutions

Let me start by saying I admire what you are doing for the film community being that you are the only one producing new film cameras. I have a few questions I’m hoping you can answer on the forums so everybody has access to them if they are interested as well. Will this camera have a low enough operating dB level it can be used for sync sound? I don’t know all the technical aspects of 3g sdi compatibility but will these be compatible with atomos recorders? Having the ability to playback a recorded image for reference would be huge. And what’s repair/service going to be like? If there are bugs in the firmware will we be able to download a possible patch fix? Thanks for your time and any light you can shed on these questions.

• 2 months later...