Are TIFFEN 138mm Full Field Close-Up Diopters achromatic?

Hi.

I read that achromaticity is important when it comes to close diopters to reduce chromatic aberrations. I am looking at the Tiffen model but the website doesn't say "achromatic" anywhere and I was wondering if this is because it goes without saying at this price or if I am not well enough informed about diopters.

https://tiffen.com/collections/diopter/products/138mm-full-field-diopters?variant=31246735409223

Thanks in advance!
Jannik

Thanks for your reply Joel. I assume you mean the price of the Tiffen is low? I am not familiar with close diopters. Do you have a recommendation? I'm looking for a full field +1 diopter. Rental houses seem to have the ones from Schneider Kreuznach.

Thanks in advance.

I tried to buy a set of these:

https://www.sharegrid.com/losangeles/l/200767-custom-schneider-138mm-achromatic-2pc-diopter-set

But got them in series 9 instead of 138 by accident. But I actually had a set of four achromatic diopters and they were incredibly heavy and thick compared with my close up lenses of lower quality.

Lindsey Optics has close up lenses too but I also doubt they're achromatic. 

I think Leica or Zeiss have expensive and heavy/thick models.

What are you using these for? Which lens? There might be models with smaller diameters that serve you better. Or it might not be necessary. I have cheap 95mm (non-achromatic) diopters for my square front lomo, but that lens isn't exactly optically pristine to start with. Century has some with smaller front threads.

What lens do you want to use these for?

Edited by M Joel W

Thanks for the input.

I am using it to get the camera physically closer to the actors. No macro applications.

I am using an Angenieux 9.5-57mm Zoom for 16mm from the 70s with 1.4x Extender (used as Expander). Front diameter 64mm.
And a Angenieux 25-250mm Zoom for S35, also from the 60s/70s, its close focus distance is around 1,5m. Front diameter 110mm.

In the end I am looking for a good quality glass – if an achromatic on is not needed for that, fine. Heaviness and thickness is not relevant for me.

The Schneider 138mm achromatic diopter set is all I can think of that fits that bill but it's quite expensive.

In my experience regular macro lenses of decent quality don't degrade the image that badly. They might just add a bit of CA.

But this is all above my pay grade, like well above it. I just researched this a bit when I bought a set of Series 9 Schneider diopters I later sold.