Suggestion for Indoor Lighting

Hi ,

I will be shooting my Diploma film next week and most of it is inside a room and a hallroom,hence I am looking for some suggestion on how to setup lights indoors.Apartment is high up hence lights cannot be placed outside and using lights inside is a challange because of bounce and less control.Also Director wants both uplifting and gloomy scenes .

I am looking for suggestion rather doing a recce because I cannot do it due to rental charges. I have only seen the location and took some snaps.

As far the lighting kit goes ,I will be using Apurture 600D as primary and 3 other 200 W Godox LED lights along with diffusers,CT gels,flags and one china lantern (pretty low budget).

Including a folder of my previous projects in school for reference (not sure if it is relevant anyhow).

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/d5vhuhfh6gekjr3/AADEJhZvSwwXcQiLM0yG_yH3a?dl=0

• Premium Member

What you need is Grip equipment. Get a bunch of Solids and Diffusion; when you want it "gloomy" use every inch off screen to create "negative fill."

When it's more uplifting, diffuse the lights (with a book light, bounce into a 4x4 bounce and then through a larger frame of diffusion)

Also, get production design to help with lamps. Use them to motivate the lighting, or add pops of luminance in the background. You'll want/need dimmers or lower luminance bulbs though.