Arriflex SR2 + Denz VCSC digital 2000

Deniz Cooper

Hi there,

I got a Denz VCSC digital 2000 video assist that I would love to use with my Arriflex SR2.

The Arriflex has a mount for a Denz Video assist, but it seems to me that it was a different model, because the mount on the camera is round and the one of the video assist is square.. I attached a few fotos, does anyone have an idea how I can solve this problem? ???

20220629_205024.jpg

20220629_203329.jpg

20220629_205011.jpg

Hi,

I got a booklet from Denz. Obviously this video assist was designed for the SR3, but I have the SR2. The top flange is different but the hole for the video assist is the same. Does anyone remember anyone who used a SR3 video assist for a SR2? ? I think it can't be very hard to modify the video assist's mounting part, which is designed as a kind of top handle grip. I think it should be possible to screw a few new holes and mount it on top of the camera.. does anyone have experience with that? Anyone of the old school? ?

yours,

Deniz 

Screenshot_20220707-130156_Gmail.jpg

Screenshot_20220707-153914_PDF Scanner.jpg

Screenshot_20220707-153932_PDF Scanner.jpg

• 8 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi Deniz. Did you get this sorted yet? Unfortunately at the Denz company all of this went into the garbage many years ago.

I have all the systems they ever made and can help you out . your camera has the older set up with all of the optics inside.

The system you would like to use has the optics incorporated in the "elbow" and needs a sleeve that will receive this tap onto your camera. This item once was available as "plug & play" for the SR2 . I can exchange yours with one of my older systems or you can

copy the later set-up? Call me +32475789125,Patrick Otten SBC

1 minute ago, Patrick Otten said:

Hi Deniz. Did you get this sorted yet? Unfortunately at the Denz company all of this went into the garbage many years ago.

I have all the systems they ever made and can help you out . your camera has the older set up with all of the optics inside.

The system you would like to use has the optics incorporated in the "elbow" and needs a sleeve that will receive this tap onto your camera. This item once was available as "plug & play" for the SR2 . I can exchange yours with one of my older systems or you can

copy the later set-up? Call me +32475789125,Patrick Otten SBC

Hi Patrick, I'm also in Brussels and have an SR1 with the setup and the Denz camera.  Would be interested to know more about the setup you are talking about.  Steve.

16 - 1 (1).jpeg