SR3 HD Assist — AM Camera?

Raymond Zrike

I’m planning on upgrading my SR3 Advanced with an HD video tap. It’s got an IVS currently, but I got lucky and found a video optic elbow (just received it from Brazil). Is AM Camera’s 2K HD Assist the best option? It seems to be about $1k more than the other elbow HD tap options from AZ Spectrum and Visual Products, but I’ve heard it might be a superior tap. Plus AZ Spectrum said it would be a six month turnaround.

Is AM Camera’s tap legitimately flicker free at 24fps (rather than “nearly” like the other ones)? Anyone have any footage of it running? How’s pulling focus off of it and the low light performance? Just want to hear some thoughts before putting down so much cash.

I know this has been asked a bunch of times, but the HD tap options out there keep shifting.

Knowing what I know now, I would have gone with AM's setup. My SR3A has the Visual Products IVS replacement and its.... kinda just ok. Just make sure your elbow optic has the C mount thread and not the CEI thread (which was slightly different)

• Like 1