Interesting ACL accessories

Duncan Brown

• Premium Member

I figure this topic might encompass lots of things eventually but for now I have a picture of something that's part of an ACL auction on ebay.  It's a handle that has little slots to hold extra filter holders!  Is that a stock item or something aftermarket?  I'd not seen it before, in any event.

Duncan

s-l1600.jpg

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, Gregg MacPherson said:

Hey Duncan,

Think that was a stock item at one point. Have to say I don't like these handles (with or without filter slots). Better to invent something for oneself.

Cheers,

Gregg

Yeah the handle itself seems a little thin/awkward (but who knows, not having used one myself) but I thought the filter storage was clever.

Duncan

I must be just coming into my humbug! phase (cue laughs). My ACL I came with a custom made double handles, cast alloy, fixed pointed to the front.  They had a flat base that the camera base mounted to.  A very secure connection with the camera. This forced (enabled) a double handed gripping ergonomics that was very steady, One hand could sneak off to do something else easy. That same camera had a really worn 3/8 thread in the base and I blamed the use of the factory bottom mounted handle earlier in its life.

So humbug! With humour.  Lots of custom made solutions are possible for ACL. I like the idea of  a flat base that has fittings at the front for handles and rods. Can be really light, take load off the 3/8 thread and the screws holding the side handle. Those screw fixings are small,  sized like an aircraft part and maybe they missed a load case (more laughs).

Gregg.

9 hours ago, Perry Paolantonio said:

Stock. I think. My ACL 1.5 has this handgrip. It's more comfortable than you'd think, since you you can adjust the angle. I always wanted a wooden handgrip like the Aaton though. 

Each of those slides holds a wratten filter that goes into the camera body behind the lens. 

Yup. My 1.5 came with the same grip, honestly really like it, more ergonomic than it looks.

• Like 1