Zeiss Otus 55mm f/1.4 FULL Duclos Cine-Mod, EF

Raymond Zrike

Photos: https://imgur.com/a/kK2nZp3

I’m putting up for sale my Zeiss Otus 55mm f/1.4 ZF.2 Cine-Mod with EF mount for $2400.

It’s been completely cine-modded by Duclos. That means it has every mod that they provide: a 95mm front with cap (86mm filter thread), focus gear, iris gear, aperture de-click (damped movement), and a semi-permanent mount conversion to EF. Most of the time, the cine-modded Otus lenses that come up for sale don’t have manual aperture nor the iris gear—this one has both.

Keep in mind: this is a ZF.2 (Nikon) lens that has been converted to EF. That means that auto aperture control won’t be possible, but that’s the trade off for the fully manual aperture (which is much preferable IMO).

Duclos took a look at the condition of the lens when they modded it. They noted a small, minor coating scratch on the front element. I have looked at the image this lens projects, and it has no issues nor loss of contrast. Otherwise, it is in excellent to like new condition.

Reason for sale is that I’m unfortunately bound to PL mount now. Not particularly happy that I won’t be able to keep the highest quality lens I’ve ever owned, but it is what it is!

Front and back cap included.

Looking for $2400. I will cover PayPal fees. Shipped free in the US. Cheaper if you buy it here instead of my eBay listing!

• 2 weeks later...