Film for Trade and FREE to good home...

Guest ____

Guest Chainsaw

A few months ago I made this offer but I still have some stock I need to get off of my hands to someone who will shoot it.

Here's the offer:

I have five 400' cans of factory sealed 5217 and one can of factory sealed 5285. These are leftovers from a shoot last November and have been in refrigeration since then. The next 35mm shoot on my schedule is at least seven months down the road (and it's B&W...) so I want some good to come of this film while it is still viable. I would like to trade this film for s16 stock. I will make an even trade, can-per-can of film. One 400' can of s16mm (SUPER 16 ONLY and ON CORE ONLY - NO SPOOLS) for one 400' can of factory sealed 35mm. I will accept any emulsion that is offered by any manufacturer by any person.

Here's the second offer:

This stuff is free to any takers...

One 275' short end of 7248 standard 16 (2R) dated 3-7-01.

One 400' re-can of 7245 standard 16 (2R) dated 1-24-02.

One 320' short end of 7245 standard 16 (2R) dated 2-25-02.

One 400' factory sealed can of 5274.

One 400' factory sealed can of the now discontinued 5620 640T PrimeTime.

These two 35mm cans are of indeterminate age.

All cans have been kept in refrigeration as long as I have owned them.

This offer is first come first serve but in the interest of fairness only one can per request, United States and its protectorates only. Please, do not request this film unless you plan on shooting it, if anyone is in dire need of dummy loads I have plenty of those to spare. While the film itself is free I would appreciate five dollars to cover shipping.

All items will be shipped UPS Ground and will be clearly marked DO NOT X-RAY.

Those that are interested can either email me directly or leave me a message on this site.

"""One 275' short end of 7248 standard 16 (2R) dated 3-7-01.

One 320' short end of 7245 standard 16 (2R) dated 2-25-02."""

Wow. I could seriously use that film. I won't lie, it's not like I have a specific shoot ahead of me, but there are a ton of ideas I've been working on and this film would make many of them possible.

Thanks,

Jonathan

whimsicg@yahoo.com

Guest Chainsaw

It looks like all of the free stock has been claimed, save for the 5620 35mm 640T PrimeTime Teleproduction stock.

Congratulations to everyone who snagged a can. I'll email UPS tracking numbers when I ship them. As I'm sure I mentioned to everyone, hurricane Wilma is supposed to hit my city with both barrels so please be patient if it takes me a few extra days.

Still no takers on the film for trade though. This stock has been kept refrigerated in a single location since it was purchased less than a year ago. For what I'm offering it would be very cost-effective for someone out there to purchase a new 400' can of any super-16 stock (this includes any B&W stocks) and trade-up for a 400' can of 35. Especially for the 5285; reversal is not cheap.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Chainsaw

Everyone's film has shipped today via UPS ground and as soon as the packages are given tracking numbers they will be forwarded to the appropriate parties. Sorry about the delay but work and the hurricane have proved rather time consuming and problematic. Such is life...

Of course there has yet to be a single instance of even implied interest in the 35mm cans for trade. Doesn't anyone around here shoot 35 anymore? It feels like I'm crushed under the jackboots of Lucas and Rodriguez. I will hold myself to the original terms of the offer and even add one amendment: I will give all cans for free to any person who promises to use one can to photograph themselves (or another party) setting fire to an HD Cam of their choice and send me the processed negs. Alternately they could toss said HD Cam off of a highway overpass or even use the weapon of my namesake to send it to the abyss from whence it came.

GIVE ME FILM OR GIVE ME DEATH

• Premium Member
Of course there has yet to be a single instance of even implied interest in the 35mm cans for trade. Doesn't anyone around here shoot 35 anymore? It feels like I'm crushed under the jackboots of Lucas and Rodriguez. I will hold myself to the original terms of the offer and even add one amendment: I will give all cans for free to any person who promises to use one can to photograph themselves (or another party) setting fire to an HD Cam of their choice and send me the processed negs. Alternately they could toss said HD Cam off of a highway overpass or even use the weapon of my namesake to send it to the abyss from whence it came.

GIVE ME FILM OR GIVE ME DEATH

I wish I could make the trade, I've never had the pleasure of shooting 35mm before. Unfortunately, I can't afford both the stock and the camera rental at the moment :( I hate being a dirt-poor student

I'd really love to check out that Primetime 640T if it's still available. I want to compare it to the current scan-only film out there. I'd be more than happy to pay shipping for it. It is process ECN-2, correct?

Regards.

~Karl Borowski

• 1 month later...
A few months ago I made this offer but I still have some stock I need to get off of my hands to someone who will shoot it.

Here's the offer:

I have five 400' cans of factory sealed 5217 and one can of factory sealed 5285. These are leftovers from a shoot last November and have been in refrigeration since then. The next 35mm shoot on my schedule is at least seven months down the road (and it's B&W...) so I want some good to come of this film while it is still viable. I would like to trade this film for s16 stock. I will make an even trade, can-per-can of film. One 400' can of s16mm (SUPER 16 ONLY and ON CORE ONLY - NO SPOOLS) for one 400' can of factory sealed 35mm. I will accept any emulsion that is offered by any manufacturer by any person.

Here's the second offer:

This stuff is free to any takers...

One 275' short end of 7248 standard 16 (2R) dated 3-7-01.

One 320' short end of 7245 standard 16 (2R) dated 2-25-02.

One 400' factory sealed can of 5274.

One 400' factory sealed can of the now discontinued 5620 640T PrimeTime.

These two 35mm cans are of indeterminate age.

All cans have been kept in refrigeration as long as I have owned them.

This offer is first come first serve but in the interest of fairness only one can per request, United States and its protectorates only. Please, do not request this film unless you plan on shooting it, if anyone is in dire need of dummy loads I have plenty of those to spare. While the film itself is free I would appreciate five dollars to cover shipping.

All items will be shipped UPS Ground and will be clearly marked DO NOT X-RAY.

Those that are interested can either email me directly or leave me a message on this site.

I have pvt mailed and public posted I would love to have the 35 mm film for my Arri BL 4s contact me pvt or public please

GWPB

Guest Chainsaw

Karl ~

I'm sorry to say but someone has beaten you to the 5620. I apologize for not replying here sooner but I've been mired in pre-pro hell. On the upside I do have something else you may be interested in, a 400' factory sealed demo can of S16 7299. I have absolutely no interest or need to shoot it so just say the word and I'll send it out to you. I could use the room in the fridge.

GWPB ~

I replied to your PM's, sorry about the delay.

• Premium Member
Karl ~

I'm sorry to say but someone has beaten you to the 5620. I apologize for not replying here sooner but I've been mired in pre-pro hell. On the upside I do have something else you may be interested in, a 400' factory sealed demo can of S16 7299. I have absolutely no interest or need to shoot it so just say the word and I'll send it out to you. I could use the room in the fridge.

GWPB ~

I replied to your PM's, sorry about the delay.

If he doesn't take you up on the 7299, I could put it to good use. I've been working on my reel for school screenings.

Guest Chainsaw
If he doesn't take you up on the 7299, I could put it to good use. I've been working on my reel for school screenings.

If Mr. Borowski isn't interested then the can is yours. I'll give him a few days to properly reply with a yes or no.

Out of curiosity do you know a Jason Kokal? He recently graduated from your program and my company hired him on as an assistant. He's a damn hard worker and has good things to say about the program at RIT. Although he's too much of a wimp to try the "Garbage Plate" he's good with a mop so we tolerate him. ;)

• Premium Member
If Mr. Borowski isn't interested then the can is yours. I'll give him a few days to properly reply with a yes or no.

Out of curiosity do you know a Jason Kokal? He recently graduated from your program and my company hired him on as an assistant. He's a damn hard worker and has good things to say about the program at RIT. Although he's too much of a wimp to try the "Garbage Plate" he's good with a mop so we tolerate him. ;)

Excellent. Just PM me should he not want it.

Yeah, I do know Jason, actually. He worked here at the equipment cage and was enough ahead of me in school that he probably doesn't know me. Glad to hear something about one of the recent RIT grads. We don't often hear much about the people who graduate other than remote hearsay.

Edited by Christopher D. Keth