Retroscan registration example scan for clear edge film - 1939 NY World's Fair

Daniel D. Teoli Jr.

Retroscan Registration Example Scan 1939 NY World's Fair D. D. Teoli Jr. A. C. : D. D. Teoli Jr. A. C. : Free Download, Borrow, and Streaming : Internet Archive

I was wrong about Retroscan's ability to scan clear edge film - at least somewhat wrong. The Retroscan does do better with black edge film, but it can still do a doable job scanning clear edge films. You just have to fine tune the settings and have decent film stock.

What contributed to my misjudging the clear edge scanning abilities is; much of my film Archive has sprocket damage and is warped. And this is what was messing up the scans with the Retroscan, as it registers from the sprockets.

I also have an 8mm overscan at the Internet Archive you can look at for an example for clear edge registration with the Retroscan. I don't want to put the link here due to content.

If interested, search for:

El Perro Masajista

The 16mm sample scan is not necessary indicative of the sharpness you get with the Retroscan. I used a different lens that I was testing for the overscan sample and not the standard Ricoh lens that comes with the scanner.

<><><><>

de-wallen-artists-book-no-15-copyright-d

Amsterdam 2014

Selection from 180: The circular fisheye at large! artists’ book

by Daniel D. Teoli Jr.