Aaton LTR blimp WANTED + Video out question

Sean Cheung

• Premium Member

Proud new owner of a recently overhauled Aaton LTR, early model but running like new! 

On the hunt for a blimp for this camera, and also for any info regarding the possibility of getting a video signal out for monitoring.

Lastly, are there any S16 aperture plates out there in the wild? 

• Premium Member

Is it loud? Shouldn't require a blimp. 

If it's an early LTR, it probably doesn't have a beam splitter. The original taps kinda came out the back right above where the power connector is. There is a little cap, if you pull that black cap off and look in there, if you can see an image with the lens cap off, then it may have a beam splitter, if there is no hole and/or no image, then it's probably going to be very expensive to update. 

Super 16 is not possible right now, it's more than an armature plate. Mags, lens mount, ground glass and shutter need to be modified, those are the biggest problems. 

• Premium Member

Blimps are just not something used on these cameras sadly. They did make them, but they are very rare and generally fall apart because they're leather and if not treated properly, the leather falls apart. I had one for my later gen 35III and it was unusable really. 

HAHAH I wish I had spares! ?