Oxberry Headache

Christian Flemm

Hi all,

I'm working with a friend rebuilding an Oxberry 1600. The machine has been serviced and was seemingly in perfect working order until we discovered that the carefully focused film in the viewfinder does not turn out sharp on the exposed film. It is just barely out of focus. Any idea if this is related to the mirror and/or the ground glass, and if so, what can be done?

I'm also aware of a tool, like a key, that can be inserted into the camera to calibrate focus. Anyone have a spare, or have a clue as to where I could find this tool?

Best,

Christian

image.jpeg

image1 (1).jpeg

• Premium Member

I suspect the ground glass is slightly out of place and might need to be re-shimmed.

Let me have a look at our 1600 and see if we have that tool you speak of.  Our optical printer guy will be in tomorrow and I'll ask him about it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Premium Member

Christian,

My apologies, I have been off of work for over a week due to illness.

I spoke to Brian Allan, formerly of Title House in Los Angeles, and he seems to think the shimming of the viewfinder might be the solution.

PM me and I'll give you my personal contact information.  I will return to work tomorrow and try to get you a more definitive answer.