WTB: 2 perf movement for arricam lt

Edith blazek

Hello, does anyone know of anyone or place to buy a 2 perf movement for the arricam lt? It doesn't look am camera doesn't have it and I don't know who other than them would have it so if anyone could give me an active source to pursue on that, that would be great.

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Edith blazek said:

Hello, does anyone know of anyone or place to buy a 2 perf movement for the arricam lt? It doesn't look am camera doesn't have it and I don't know who other than them would have it so if anyone could give me an active source to pursue on that, that would be great.

Did you try ARRI in Munich?

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, Edith blazek said:

I didn't think of Arri since I thought they discontinued the arricam but did service them.

As far as I know, they still have a room full of old new stock. You have to push past the sales desk though, maybe make your inquiries via the rental/repair department.

Edith,

There was one on eBay for the longest time for about 25k, however It seems to be gone. I did find this 3 perf movement on eBay just now.

I really think Arri should do a run of 2 perf conversion kits. At the very least they should do a survey to see how large the public demand is. I suspect that there is enough interest to meet their minimum. The subject comes up regularly on this website.  Or a company such as Logmar, making a techniscope camera. I know that they are only making the Magellan these days. It just seems that there is a market for a 2 perf camera

Yah, The most difficult thing about re manufacturing a movement, is that there has to be a large demand for it, because the tooling and the time it takes to make one , makes no economic sense. How many LT owners will spend big bucks for a 2 perf movement, how many productions have a demand for it? Arri doesnt do anything in a small way, it will have to be a big commitment for them to start up a production line for two perf.There are so few shoots that need a two perf camera, that the existing stock of 2 perf movements at arri, and Still functioning Penelope's to cover the demand. If an owner operator wanted a two perf camera, converting an arri BL4 is the way to go, since the cost of conversion is reasonable , compared to a more complicated modern movement like the movie cam and the LT's.

Edited by victor huey

I do confirm that only a VERY FEW rental, houses (away fro ARRI RENTAL) are (very) lucky owners of a 2P movement for an ARRICAM. 

Even Vantage Film dores not have any... 

They tried to locate some for ages, but never found any for sale

Transpacam in Paris do own a 2P Arricam LT (now leased in Brussels @ Eye-Lite Group) but they will never sell it, as this camera still goes out on rentals from time to time, and it rents @ a high price

ARRI RENTAL is extremely expensive on this rental as they know how valuable is this movement ... 

I guess ARRI UK and CSC might also have one or more ? maybe ... or they simply fly them from Munich when needed ?...