Super-16 Eclair ACL 1.5

Raymond Zrike

I’m planning on selling my Super-16 ACL 1.5 for $4500. I also have an Optar Illumina 16mm T1.3 PL (completely overhauled by AbelCine) that I can bundle together for $5500. This is the most complete ACL package around in my opinion! Prices are all over the place for this camera—I think this is reasonable for a super-16 model.

It was converted to Super-16 by Bernie of Super-16 Inc a few years ago. He also enhanced the ground glass with his LaserBrighten method and did a general service to the camera. His super-16 conversion was the best around. The ground glass has the proper 1.66 lines and is centered. And the super-16 conversion doesn’t scratch the film like some aftermarket conversions do.

Comes with the following:

• two adapters—one for PL and one for bayonet. Both made by Les Bosher specifically for this camera.
  • one 400’ French mag in great shape
  • two 200’ French mags. As you probably know, the 200’ mags accept 100’ daylight rolls perfectly fine. One of the 200’ mags is slightly broken—the latch that keeps the lid attached broke off. I have included the little piece in a plastic bag. I believe it could be fixed with a bit of hot glue or metal work (or just put tape all the way around to keep it shut). Otherwise the mags are in great shape.
  • crystal sync motor, works as it should at both 24p and 25p. 12-75fps. I’m unsure of the name of the motor, but it is definitely crystal sync (I can get you more detailed photos of the motor if you’d like).
  • fully articulated viewfinder
  • sound barney
  • hand grip
  • base for 15mm rods
  • SmallRig top handle
  • two batteries and a charger. They likely should be recelled, but I have used one of the batteries in the last few months and it was fine.
  • flight case

I’ve shot a few shorts over the last two years with this camera and I’ve run into no issues.

The Optar Illumina 16mm is in perfect condition.

Pick-up can be arranged in NYC—otherwise, I will ship on your expense. PayPal Goods & Services only. Ask me any questions you may have. Open to offers.

Photos: https://imgur.com/a/rBdNS4w

Edited by Raymond Zrike

• 2 weeks later...