Are custom computers more apt to glitches from Microsoft updates?

Daniel D. Teoli Jr.

Normally I just use store bought HP computers. But over the years I had 2 custom computers built. Once recent Windows10 model only lasted a few days before one of Windows updates messed it up. After one of their updates, it won't recognize external optical drives any longer. I tried a lot of the online fixes, but the problem has not been fixed.

I was wondering if Windows glitches affects custom computers more so than store bought computers. The older custom also had a similar problem, but it was eventually fixed with another update. Since both custom computers had issues, that made me wonder about custom computers and Microsoft. 

I keep 2 computers offline just for this very reason. They are out of the hands of Microsoft and their forced updates. It is too bad this recent custom could not have been kept offline. Optical drives are a big part of my work. I'd 50% dead without them.

How have you fared with custom computers? Any problems like this with Microsoft?

<><><><>

Sotheby's%20Photos%20London%205.20.10%20

Selection from Sotheby's Photography Catalog Collection

DDTJRAC

Edited by Daniel D. Teoli Jr.

• Daniel D. Teoli Jr. changed the title to Are custom computers more apt to glitches from Microsoft updates?