Spectra Cine Professional IV-A Discontinued?

Brett Allbritton

I've been considering purchasing a second Spectra IV-A meter, but they have been out of stock on B&H lately. Today, to my surprise, I received a notification that the meter is being discontinued. I emailed Spectra to see if this is true, but if so then it's a real bummer that this longtime industry staple won't be made anymore. Though I had an issue with mine at first (and to be fair, I purchased it used), I'm quite fond of its easy-to-use, simple design.

I'll update this thread if I get any word back from Spectra. I know that there are other IV-A fans on these forums and felt the need to break the unfortunate news.

False alarm. It seems I should have waited just another half hour to get my response from Spectra before posting this. Moderators feel free to delete this thread lest I cause unnecessary concern. ?

It seems that B&H only listed it as "discontinued" because they have been on backorder for abnormally long. However, Spectra has not actually discontinued the meter, it's just that there is still a global supply chain shortage of microprocessors. In the meantime, Spectra is still offering their calibration and repair services.

Edited by Brett Allbritton
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...