Rokinon 14mm t3.1

Anyone have an opinion on this lens? This seems to be the widest affordable rectilinear lens for full-frame coverage. I've had mixed experiences with the rokinon cine stuff. The 24 and 35 were decent, the 16 was amazing (although the durability of the coatings was pretty disappointing) and the 85mm was total shit....

This is a focal length I would rarely use, but I'd like to have something in this range in case I'm back against a wall or need a very stylized establishing shot (think low angle looking up a large building and the furthest I can back up is right across the street)  

rokinon_cv14m_c_14mm_t3_1_cine_ed_1361379996_890620.jpg

I had this lens in Nikon mount, adapted for use on an OG BMPCC back in 2016ish. I was generally quite pleased with it, although I didn't use it a ton. At times it seemed a little soft, but that also might have been the camera (or shooting wide open). It was more than adequate for what I needed and very reasonably priced.

That said, I also don't mind the 85mm, although there can be some pretty noticeable CA (at least on my copy).

Ultimately I just never used it enough, and eventually replaced it with a more versatile 17-28 from Tamron for the rare times I need a superwide.

2 hours ago, Johanan Pandone said:

does the tamron have hard stops on the focus ring?

No. In the rare instances that I use this lens I'm generally relying on the AF of the FX6 or A7S3, so I really can't comment too much on the manual focusing.