Summicron R  vs Elmarit R

Hello!
So Ive found some good deals on a local market for both Summicron R  and  Elmarit R lenses and I'm considering buying one! 
But as I started to research about the differences between the two I was sad to realize there are basically no comparisons out there on the internet. At least not from a cinema/videographer perspective! And so I need advice! Are they basically similar? I see people mix the two in lens sets.
 What I'm looking for is beautiful skin rendition, not an overly vintage look but something with character, have some creaminess to it, 3D pop. So just theregular stuff why people usually buy Leica.

The two lens I'm considering picking up is the Elmarit R 35mm 2.8 or Summicron 50mm 2. 

Thank you in advance!

• Premium Member

It’s comparing an apple with a coconut. The one is normal focal length, the other a moderate wide-angle lens. The Elmarit has the old Tessar as its base, the 35 mm R just got an afocal group added frontally. The Summicron was designed after glass of higher refractive index has become available, n = 1,7000, and it is a slightly asymmetrical double-Gauss six-elements lens. If you wish to read yourself in technically, have a look at the publications of Prof. Cavina.

The criteria you are listing can be respected with an 1893 Cooke portrait triplet. Creaminess is bullshit to me. Work with light, the lens just depicts what’s there.