"Lehitraot" - a 65mm historical short film drama.

Joshua Ewert

Hello everyone! 
I am so happy to tell you all about this project. For almost 2 years now I'm working on my gratuation project called "Lehitraot". 
It is an honest historical drama about friendship, difference, love, despair and fear. The movie is set in both 1998 and 1940 in the french region "Grand Est" near the german border. 

Plot

"Metz, 1998. Paul, a 93 year-old former french farmer, lies in the bed of his prairie home. He is dying. His friend and nurse Léa, 21, takes care of the old man. Léa finds a box with objects from the past. Paul had not seen these objects for the past 58 years. Memories awaken and Paul remembers the summer of 1940 and his wonderful friendship with the german-jewish Samuel."

What's so special about this movie? Well, it tells the story of a simple man who was faced with the brutal reality of the 1940's Europe. The movie tells us about the relationship between strangers, the love and compassion you have for others and the feeling to help those that need it. We wanted to shoot that movie on film for a long time. It is the type of format that suits the movie best. It is an hommage on history. After long discussions and lots of thoughts, we decided that we wanted to go all-in and shoot that movie on 65mm 5-perf motion picture film. It is tough, it is expensive but that's our goal and dream. It is a format that has the ability to give you a very intimate perspective on close-ups and a scale on wide shots that is quite unmatched. The image feels real and almost tangible, the color richness and quality of the negative is quite unmatched.

Let's all believe in a world where big dreams and crazy ideas have their place. We're very fortunate to have Arri Rental Munich, Kodak Germany and Kodak Lab London as our partners right now but we need more help.

We need all the help we can get and that's why I would like to share our crowdfunding campain with you guys. Even if it's little, every donation does help. We would be more than happy to see some of you guys support us and support our dream. You can also read more informations about the movie on our website. 

thank you very much for reading! 

cheers, 

Josh
  • Like 1