One thing leads to another...or how projects come about.

Daniel D. Teoli Jr.

The photographer Garry Winogrand used to say...the more I do...the more I do. And that is gospel. For the last couple months, I've been trying to downsize by selling or trashing stuff. I'm getting too old and need to spend more time on health. Facebook had banned me 3 times. But I needed to sell some of this crap, so I made another fake account...just to sell stuff on the Marketplace.

While selling on the Marketplace they would keep showing me girls in prom dresses. Eventually that led to The Facebook Marketplace Prom Queen project and that led to the Defaced Prom Queen project. I saw a lot of the defaced prom girls were chubby. I just happened to come across this gal below by chance. Seeing her led to The Plus Size Prom Queen project. So, you can see how fast projects come about for me.

1%20312910575_4799922193443716_723653064

Selection from the Daniel D. Teoli Jr. Facebook Marketplace Archives

Fair Use

She may not even be a prom queen. FB mixes up all sorts of things in their searches. Does not matter, I extended the scope of the project to party and formal dresses as well. It is all part of my Fashion and Hair Archive.

I was going to write to her to compliment her on her dress. But I can't take any chances with my FB account. I need it to sell stuff and can't make any more fake ones. You know how women are nowadays. She would complain no doubt if I complimented her. In her sales description she listed the dress as 'just fitting her E-size boobs'.

....GD!

Well, I need to get back to work. No more time to think about the E boobs or prom queens. Got lots more organizing to do.

Edited by Daniel D. Teoli Jr.

Finally finished up the project. 2213 photos. 9 collections came out of the initial idea.

Facebook%20Marketplace%20prom%20dress%20

Project covers West Coast, East Coast, Rustbelt and a few other states. I was surprised West Coast didn't have much going on compared to the East Coast. Maybe the girls out West don't bother with secondhand clothes much or they are not into proms...dunno. West Coast girls tend to not model the clothes. They use photos of the dresses on hangers.

Didn't see many black prom girls. Just a handful. Maybe they don't go to proms or don't sell their clothes...who knows. The ones that did show up had poor photography. Although I did see a standout black girl for the curvy collection, with great photography and look. But she was not as curvy as the white girl, so she got bumped from the headline photo. Blacks are 13% of the population. Maybe you can clue me into where all the black prom girls are.

I never went to a prom or homecoming, so don't know much about them. It was interesting getting a glimpse of the fashions they wear. 

Daniel D. Teoli Jr. Archival Collection
Daniel D. Teoli Jr. Small Gauge Film Archive
Daniel D. Teoli Jr. Advertising Archive
Daniel D. Teoli Jr. VHS Video Archive
Daniel D. Teoli Jr. Popular Culture Archive
Daniel D. Teoli Jr. Audio Archive
Daniel D. Teoli Jr. Social Documentary Photography

Edited by Daniel D. Teoli Jr.

• 1 year later...

Well, I was way off with my predictions of being finished with The Facebook Marketplace Prom Queen project at 2,213 images. I closed up the project a few months ago with 19, 914 images. This gal was hopefully the end of the project...I've avoided the Facebook women for months now!

Prom-Party%20Fashions%20FBMP%202024%20V.

Here is the collection:

https://archive.org/search?query=prom+teoli

I used to donate lots of archival material to FIT special collections in NYC. But it got to be too much for them and they didn't want any more. So, I expanded my fashion collection to be my own FIT. 

<><><><>

Daniel D. Teoli Jr. Archival Collection
Daniel D. Teoli Jr. Small Gauge Film Archive
Daniel D. Teoli Jr. Advertising Archive
Daniel D. Teoli Jr. VHS Video Archive
Daniel D. Teoli Jr. Popular Culture Archive
Daniel D. Teoli Jr. Audio Archive
Daniel D. Teoli Jr. Social Documentary Photography