Shifting Canon C300's CLog black and white levels

Joshua Robert Dy

Greetings everyone! I've been using the Canon C300 Mark 1 as my weapon of choice and have been using its Canon Cinema Log picture profile for basically all my projects in film school. With this particular log, middle grey is at 32.8; 0% reflectance at 7.3; and 90% reflectance at 62.7. After a bit more diving into this camera, I've just learned that the Cinema Log has black and white levels set to 10-110 IRE by default. However, In this upcoming project I will be working on, I will be shooting under much dimmer light conditions; so then I have been contemplating on using a picture profile that is an exact copy of this log, but instead has shifted black and white levels to 0-100 IRE. With these, I would like to ask two questions:

1. Would shifting the black and white levels actually help when shooting under low light conditions?
  2. Would the middle grey, 0% reflectance, and 90% reflectance numbers change because of the shifted the black and white levels?

These two questions have remained at the back of my mind unanswered for so long, but I probably would never have posed these questions until I rewatched this absolutely informative video on color correction. Thank you and I look forward to reading your guys' answers!