Taxi Driver...how much will film collectors pay for a faded 16mm print.

Daniel D. Teoli Jr.

Look at this 16mm print of Taxi Driver that sold on eBay. With shipping and sales tax, it is about $420 for a faded red print. 

Film collectors would rather project a faded print than watch a restored version on Blu-ray or 4K. Now, I got lots of faded red films. But usually they cost $5 - $20. And the only reason I have them is there are no other options, and they are rare. But I'm talking about short subject films, not feature films that are available on disc.

I'm thinking if this was a pristine, grade A color 16mm print it would be $2,000 - $2,500...but just guessing. 

Taxi%20Driver%2016mm%20eBay%20D.D.Teoli%

Full rundown:

https://archive.org/search?query=taxi+driver+teoli

On the Blu-ray bonus features, Martin Scorsese talked about having to desaturate the blood at the end of Taxi Driver to avoid an X rating. He never did fix it and come out with an uncensored version. Maybe he is waiting until 50th anniversary in 2026.

<><><><>

Daniel D. Teoli Jr. Archival Collection
Daniel D. Teoli Jr. Small Gauge Film Archive
Daniel D. Teoli Jr. Advertising Archive
Daniel D. Teoli Jr. VHS Video Archive
Daniel D. Teoli Jr. Popular Culture Archive
Daniel D. Teoli Jr. Audio Archive
Daniel D. Teoli Jr. Social Documentary Photography

Edited by Daniel D. Teoli Jr.

• 4 months later...

It's surprising how much can be recovered by a good colourist- that Cybill Shepherd scene still has a bit of blue left.

But no-one's buying it to scan and correct- you could just buy the DVD. Film collectors must just want the actual stuff in their hands, no matter what the condition.

• Like 1