Bolex - switar - are these correctly adjusted?

Hi all,

I just got a few Switar lenses. The glass is great, and they function correctly, but I am wondering about if the aperture ring and visifocus is set correctly.

I have set them all to fully open, and focused at inifinity (I suppose that's the best way to tell - any better suggestions most welcome!) and taken photos of them and attached them here.

Can someone please let me know if they are correct (I have found it difficult to find information on how to use it, so not able to compare a picture of the 'correct' way it should look) The first two are visifocus depth of field scale (not sure of the term for the other one - compass point, I think?)

The first image is of the 10mm RX and the other two are for a 16mm AR and a 25mm AR.

Thanks,

Bruce

10mmRX.png

16mmAR.png

25mmAR.png

Edited by Bruce Herbert
adding additional detail

• Premium Member

Yes they look normal.

With the first two Visifocus lenses, when you stop the aperture down, the little holes should progressively turn orange, to show you roughly how much distance either side of your focus mark should be within the depth of field. The third lens has a similar function, except instead of orange holes you just have the white lines extending to show depth of field. 

Please note that these are RX-lenses and hence will only focus  correctly on Bolex-cameras with single-lens-RefleX-viewfinder (which should all have „REX“ in the model name if I am not mistaken).

On all C-mount-cameras (Beaulieu, Fujica, older Bolex with „direct optical viewfinder“,…), you might encounter problems.

Hope this helps 

Jörg

(correctly = real distance matches the distance on the focus ring + you can get sharp images from closest distance to infinity)

• Premium Member
34 minutes ago, Joerg Polzfusz said:

Please note that these are RX-lenses and hence will only focus  correctly on Bolex-cameras with single-lens-RefleX-viewfinder (which should all have „REX“ in the model name if I am not mistaken).

Only the 10mm is RX, the 16mm and 25mm are described as AR.