Bell & Howell Super 8 camera model - seeking information

Jon O'Brien

Hi, my first ever movie camera was a Bell & Howell Super 8, bought in the late 70s. I saved up my pennies and eventually had enough to buy it. My dear dad fronted up to the camera shop in Caloundra, Queensland and bought it for me. He was much more expert with cameras than me back then and it was thought best that he did the choosing and the buying. I'm lately getting a bit nostalgic about this old camera that was long ago traded in on a Canon 1014XL-S. I wouldn't mind getting an old one and putting it somewhere in the house, like on a shelf or mantelpiece. Doesn't have to work. Can anyone help me find out what the model was? I can't ever find the exact one on the internet and I don't remember the model number. The closest I can get in model type is the Bell & Howell 2123 XL, such as this one if you scroll down:

http://www.mrmartinweb.com/movie.html

However, my camera had a fixed, pistol-grip style handgrip (non-fold down), and a slightly bigger lens with maybe 6X zoom. It was a silent model, taking the smaller non-sound cartridges only. It was a good camera and it would be great to get another one. Thanks.