Casshern

Only just picked this up from Silverscreen... WOW!!! Anime brought to life! IMDB lists it as 35mm budget $5,000,000! Anyone got links to production info? Thats a lot of bang for your buck! Can't belive i missed it and bought 2046 without picking this up in the asian cinema(my favourite) section. Please can someone tell me more!? And if you haven't seen it rent it! Cinematography wise its very grainy on dvd (not the best format to watch it on) but it is slick.

A hero falls a legend rises.. throw the matrix trilogy away!

Charles

• 1 month later...

Well one month later i guess no one knows, my translation of japanese is not all that so the commentary isn't that helpful. Watch the film if you like anime it makes sky captain look like a home video even though it cost a whole lot more

Merry christmas

Charles

• Premium Member

Hi,

I just bought it on DVD, but I haven't watched all of it yet.

Can't say I agree on the standard of the effects - they're not nearly as slick as Sky Captain, but as usual for Japanese cinema they seem to have at least tried to write some kind of workable storyline for it.

I think that's why a lot of people like Japanese cinema - you have some hope of getting an action movie or scifi which has actually had a modicum of thought put into the plot, in stark contrast to all this Star Wars drivel.

Phil