Night exterior

• Premium Member

Hello,

The scene is like this:

Night exterior,

A well lit pool with a woman swimming in it, night party lit with candles mostly,

camera is doing some crane up movement, passes a fence, leaving the pool behind, to a big, general shot of a village with narrow (really narrow streets, not for vechicles), there is a small port on the far background.

I was thinking about using balloons, but I ve got the fear that would be on the frame!!

Any thoughts?

Musco lights (cross-lighting) is a second thought, but unfortunately the streets are too narrow to let light pass thru,so I guess I have to spread thousands meters of cables all around to light it.

Thanks in advance,

Dimitrios Koukas

Edited by Dimitrios Koukas

• Premium Member
Hello,

The scene is like this:

Night exterior,

A well lit pool with a woman swimming in it, night party lit with candles mostly,

camera is doing some crane up movement, passes a fence, leaving the pool behind, to a big, general shot of a village with narrow (really narrow streets, not for vechicles), there is a small port on the far background.

I was thinking about using balloons, but I ve got the fear that would be on the frame!!

Any thoughts?

Musco lights (cross-lighting) is a second thought, but unfortunately the streets are too narrow to let light pass thru,so I guess I have to spread thousands meters of cables all around to light it.

Thanks in advance,

Dimitrios Koukas

This sounds like Lindos (Rodos) where I took my wife for our honeymoon!

Maybe you can talk the shopkeepers into hanging christmas lights along their facades?

• Premium Member

Well, obviously the foreground is not the hard part to light, but the far background. You could side-light with a big unit if you can't backlight, or you could just light the village with lots of spots from the ground, which of course is time-consuming. Or shoot the shot at twilight....

• Premium Member
Well, obviously the foreground is not the hard part to light, but the far background. You could side-light with a big unit if you can't backlight, or you could just light the village with lots of spots from the ground, which of course is time-consuming. Or shoot the shot at twilight....

Thank you David,

I think that going for magic-time will save me a lot, Vision2 200T would be my main stock, so maybe push +1 will do the job.

In Greece twilight lasts for about 20 minutes, and F/stops steping down (or up) really quick.

I have to plan a reshoot for it, just in case.

I have to check the shot's direction in relation to the sunset (or sunrise ) to be sure that I will have an even dark blue sky.

We will probably add the moon after (sorry I didn't mentioned it).

Dimitrios Koukas

This sounds like Lindos (Rodos) where I took my wife for our honeymoon!

Maybe you can talk the shopkeepers into hanging christmas lights along their facades?

I hope that you have had a great time, not a bad idea at all, thanks!

The island is Ydra, near Athens.