Wide Angle Converter for Canon 814 AZ

Izreal

Hi, I just bought a Canon 814 AZ (I know it's not as good as the XLS, but hey, you gotta start somewhere) and was wondering could I use any 58mm size filter and Wide Angle Converter with this camera? What about a Matte Box, where could I get accessories like this for my camera?

Hi, I just bought a Canon 814 AZ (I know it's not as good as the XLS, but hey, you gotta start somewhere) and was wondering could I use any 58mm size filter and Wide Angle Converter with this camera? What about a Matte Box, where could I get accessories like this for my camera?

Hey, I got an 814 AZ. Not as feature-packed or as quiet as the XLS, but rock-solid and great fun ;)

Any 58mm filter will work. And in theory, a anamorphic-adapter.

Just remember that you are still working with Super-8, which is not the world's most sophisticated film format. Rule of thumb : don't spend more on your accessories than on your camera, unless you intend to buy a better cam that will be compatible with it later on.

Edited by Erdwolf_TVL

Hey, I got an 814 AZ. Not as feature-packed or as quiet as the XLS, but rock-solid and great fun ;)

Any 58mm filter will work. And in theory, a anamorphic-adapter.

Just remember that you are still working with Super-8, which is not the world's most sophisticated film format. Rule of thumb : don't spend more on your accessories than on your camera, unless you intend to buy a better cam that will be compatible with it later on.

Thanks for the reply

• Premium Member

.... anytime you put a new filter on a camera lens you can check for vignetting by pointing the camera directly at a light table. Look through the lens with the aperature wide open and watch the corners of the frame as you close down. You will be able to see where the filter begins to vignette your image. Lower profile filters can be purchased at a premium.

Edit - vignetting from a filter is usually only problematic at wide focal lengths....maybe it won't be a problem at all, but just in case it is easy to check before you shoot.

hope this helps,

Steve

Edited by steve hyde