beta 970 manual

Yaron Weinstein

Hi

I have just started to work with the beta 970 and 790. I would like to know of web sites to look for information about the manuals - aspatialy the meaning of the deferent parameters and aspatialy working with the color matrix.

thanks a lot

Yaron

I haven't managed to find the DVW 970 manual yet, but you can get other Sony camera manuals at http://www.sonybiz.net/ They're often found in the support sections for each camera. These are the PAL versions but you can find manuals at the US sites as well.

I haven't managed to find the DVW 970 manual yet, but you can get other Sony camera manuals at http://www.sonybiz.net/ They're often found in the support sections for each camera. These are the PAL versions but you can find manuals at the US sites as well.

Thanks. I would like to know of a web page I can find good information about color matrix and how to play with it in the beta 970 manue.

Thanks. I would like to know of a web page I can find good information about color matrix and how to play with it in the beta 970 manue.

If you are referring to the linear matrix, I would leave it well alone unless you know what you are doing. The various settings are inter-related and it is easy to end up with very weird colours!

If you are referring to the linear matrix, I would leave it well alone unless you know what you are doing. The various settings are inter-related and it is easy to end up with very weird colours!

This is exactly why I want to learn the theory of the color matrix and the impact it has on the picture. I saw other people work with it and getting beutiful resolts! So, again, if some one knows of good web pages to learn about it I will apritiate it a lot. Thanks

This is exactly why I want to learn the theory of the color matrix and the impact it has on the picture. I saw other people work with it and getting beutiful resolts! So, again, if some one knows of good web pages to learn about it I will apritiate it a lot. Thanks

It sounds like you should go on a workshop where you can experiment with an instructor. You also need to understand waveform monitors and vectorscopes, it's more than a few web pages.

It sounds like you should go on a workshop where you can experiment with an instructor. You also need to understand waveform monitors and vectorscopes, it's more than a few web pages.

You are absolutely right. Unfortunately in my country there are no such workshops. I am asking people in our film industry to show me and they are doing it when they have the time. I also go to the hiring equipment place and do lots of tests with the camera and a monitor. I still wish to read the theory to understand it better. I don't really have a choice... Thanks for your help

Yaron

You are absolutely right. Unfortunately in my country there are no such workshops. I am asking people in our film industry to show me and they are doing it when they have the time. I also go to the hiring equipment place and do lots of tests with the camera and a monitor. I still wish to read the theory to understand it better. I don't really have a choice... Thanks for your help

Yaron

Look at the Paul Wheeler book "Digital Cinematography" it goes through the 790.

• 1 month later...

I bought a DVW 970 and the Sony rep[who is also an ex-cameraman] Showed me some nice adjustments.

The user matrix can be increased around +10 to +15 for more saturated pictures. It is important with the 970 [as opposed to a 700] that each value be the same down the line.

Another cool one is knee point saturation, turn it on and wind it up to +99. It puts the chroma back where you would have lost it through overexposure, for example, on a shiny bald head!

Give those a try, I'd be interested in hearing other opinions...